scale is not moving

Options
I have been watching what I am eating and exercising 3 times a week or more this past month and the scale has not budged. Measurements were taken a couple days ago. Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• sharkeller
    Options
    I feel the same way. its been like this for 3 months.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I have been watching what I am eating and exercising 3 times a week or more this past month and the scale has not budged. Measurements were taken a couple days ago. Anyone have any suggestions?
    [/quote

how many calories are you eating we cant say anything u can exersise all you want unless the diet is not on point u wont lose weight
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    any where from 1000-1200 calories before excercise. And excercise is usually around 300-400 calories.
  • skiboat1us
    skiboat1us Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think you need to open your diary. It would help people to know what is going on. :happy:
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You may need to eat more, but it's hard to tell without details.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So, you're eating only 1000-1200 calories and you burn off 300-400 calories with exercise? So, your net calories for the day is usually 600-900 a day?
  • Greenblood22
    Options
    Find the time to squeeze a 30 min brisk walk into your day.....everyday.....it will increase your body's metabolism and burn calories at the same time
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I eat just slightly more than the recommended calories rather than less. Otherwise your body may go into starvation mode and hold on to the weight. you also need to get enough sleep.
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think the most obvious thing is that you are not in a calorie deficit.

Are you sticking to eating lower calories? Are you weighing food or just guessing? Are you noting everything you put in your mouth?
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    So, you're eating only 1000-1200 calories and you burn off 300-400 calories with exercise? So, your net calories for the day is usually 600-900 a day?

This. Is this assumption correct? If so u r starving yourself.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Did you get any packing boxes for it, some times it just takes a hint..

"Scales can eat a D. Ick.." ~August
  • alt1268
    Options
    ok. I believe I opened up diary. Can't include yesterday it was unusual for exercise. I note that when I eat my calories back, I gain weight, that is why I am staying under. Yes I mark everything, even the smallest of items.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when the scale is stuck, you have to shake things up. I found that eating more for a week was enough to kick start the weight loss again. I'm not talking going crazy. Maybe add 200-300 calories and focus on protien. Works for me!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I think u r in denial. Your post says u r watching what u r eating. I see a very poor diet. Lots of skipped meals, numerous days of LOW LOW calories, never really even getting close to your actual goal. You really need to rethink what u r doing. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.....exercise? Eat more! Your body will never shed weight the way you r treating it.
  • WhoIsAmber
    Options
    To gain 1 lb of fat in a week, you would have to consume a surplus of 3,500 calories for the week, which is 500 calories over your maintenance level calories every single day for 7 days.

Some people will start to eat a little more and gain a pound and freak the eff out and cut their calories drastically low to compensate for the weight gain. But 9 times out of 10, it's water weight or the food is just still in their system when they weigh themselves.

[EDIT]
    I should mention that most people's maintenance calories is OVER 2,000 calories a day.
  • alt1268
    Options
    I will try it again and eat more. This time I will give it a week. not just a day.
  • WhoIsAmber
    Options
    I think u r in denial. Your post says u r watching what u r eating. I see a very poor diet. Lots of skipped meals, numerous days of LOW LOW calories, never really even getting close to your actual goal. You really need to rethink what u r doing. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.....exercise? Eat more! Your body will never shed weight the way you r treating it.
    This.
    I peeked at your diary and you are barely eating anything.

Starvation diets might work for initial weight loss, but it will not work long term and will become increasingly difficult to shed fat on such a diet.

I don't believe in "starvation mode," but after 3 days of not eating enough calories, your body will stop burning just the fat, it will instead start feeding off the proteins in your muscle as well as small amounts of fat to use as energy for your body to function normally. The less muscle you have, the less efficient your body becomes at burning fat, because muscle is what burns the fat.
  • skiboat1us
    skiboat1us Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    From your diary I defiantly don't think you are eating enough. :smile:
  • vbarrient
    vbarrient Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I looked at your diary back a few days and you skipped lunch and snack a day here and there. You need to eat at least every 3 to 4 hours. You also are exercising a lot which is great, but you need to up those calories up. Good luck!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough! You have to eat to lose weight. There are some days in your diary that show you at less than 1000 calories. That's not good.