Nutrisystem or Eat Clean Diet??? Who has best success?

Options
I am currently doing Nutrisystem, and it's fine. The meals taste decent and it's a no brainer to stay at or under my calorie count, not to mention I don't have to cook anything! However, I am concerned about all the preservatives, sodium, etc and am still curious if these are the reasons by day's end I am so bloated. I have friends doing the Eat Clean diet who aren't really watching calories, but are just eating all natural, lean meats, fruites, veggies, etc and losing more than I am. Just curious of other's opinions on either diet as far as success goes.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The best success for weight loss = maintaining a calorie deficit.

I eat all foods in moderation.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Same here.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Nutrisystem, and it's fine. The meals taste decent and it's a no brainer to stay at or under my calorie count, not to mention I don't have to cook anything! However, I am concerned about all the preservatives, sodium, etc and am still curious if these are the reasons by day's end I am so bloated. I have friends doing the Eat Clean diet who aren't really watching calories, but are just eating all natural, lean meats, fruites, veggies, etc and losing more than I am. Just curious of other's opinions on either diet as far as success goes.

Whatever is easiest to adhere to

And please do not become orthorexic, worrying about things that are not harmful
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options

YEP YEP!!
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    One sure thing about both, and any fab diet, they all result in failure! Don't conform to the norm!
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I did Nutrisystem after I had my first child, and it kicked a**! I am pregnant and have considered doing it again to help me drop the baby weight after delivery. However, it is expensive and I am doing really well so far eating clean at least 90% of the time. It's hard to really quantify how I am doing now since I am pregnant, but I have lost some weight (not on purpose, I eat tons of good food, and the baby is healthy), and my measurements show improvement. It's hard for me to want to fork over the cash if what I'm doing seems to be making me fitter and healthier. There is a lot of stuff in the NS food that you can't pronounce, but as long as you look at it as a boost to your weight loss and keep tracking once you're off of it, it's great.
  • petiteMom289
    Options
    I follow both the eat clean diet and abs diet books. I would never do something like Nutrisystem. Like you said, lots of preservative, sodium ect. I still count calories because I'm a small person and I can easily over eat. Even the good things. Both of those books are not "diets". Nutrisystem is.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options

DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

tumblr_mg7jn69A8x1rl07gno1_500.gif
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

^This.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My concern would be how long to you plan on eating the Nutrisystem foods for?
    When you reach your goal weight, will you continue to eat their meals?

Eating clean should be easier on your wallet. Think of it as a lifestyle change.
    If you have to go out with friends, or to a potluck dinner, are you going to have to bring your Nutrisystem meals with you?

Personally, I'm not a fan of added preservatives so I'd definitely opt for a clean eating lifestyle.
    But like everyone here has said, everything in moderation.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Eating clean is not a diet. It's a lifestyle in which you choose to put un-junked food in your body with an eye toward health. Not really a weight loss technique.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

If you are feeling bloated and unwell at the end of the day following the NS plan, I would advise trying something else. Perhaps there is an ingredient in their food that doesn't work well for you. You don't have to follow someone else's plan for you, or buy their pre-packaged programs.
  • jazzguy4him
    jazzguy4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nurtisystem = eating a at calorie deficit.

It also costs a lot of money and would seem to be impossible to stay on for the rest of your life. Therefore I would recommend learning how to cook tastely, quality, lower calorie meals on your own and save yourself money and learn skills for lifetime success.

It all comes down to calories in vs. calories out. Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, etc., are all vehicles to get there. However I don't believe that using prepackaged meals will set you up with success for a lifetime.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

This is the only thing that has worked for me!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Winner!!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

Yup. This.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i dont do nutrisystem, however, i eat the same type of meals pretty much. im a mother of 5, a wife, a full time college student, and 4 of my daughters are softball players... i never have free time!!! thats why i always failed at my weight loss attempts in the past, it was so much easier for me to grab fast food on my way to where i was going. this time around, starting in spetember, i decided i would buy whatever meals were on sale for that week. its easy for me, pre packaged, pre portioned, and ready to eat in minutes. wether its smart ones, lean cuisine, healthy choice, or whatever... i buy whats on sale. i do like to spruce them up a bit. for example, the smart ones sesame seed chicken meal, i add in 2 cups fresh spinach, omg!!! so good! i also add in steamed veggies to alot of the meals... the sante fe rice and beans meal i serve on top of a huge bed of lettuce and other greens, top with tapatio, and make a huge tostada salad... ive gone from 246 in sept to 196 currently eating these foods. dont get me wrong, i do cook when i can, such as tonight, im making spagetti with fresh sauce and spagetti squash, or sometimes i make huge turkey meatballs stuffed full of fresh diced veggies... i also make a really good veggie pizzza for 250-ish calories, and its so awesome!!! anyways, i do what works for me, and so far, my progress has been good. if you can cook, im sure its always best, but if you are a busy person with a hectic lifestyle... i feel like this is the way to go! good luck to you! remember, you will get all sorts of opinions on here, and in the end, you have to do what works for you, in order to stick with it and stay motivated! GOD bless!
  • siankearney
    siankearney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well, at Walmart they have a 5 day box (5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners and 5 desserts) for $47. I do add in some extras like fruits and veggies and the occasional cottage cheese or oatmeal for snacks but it's much cheaper this way to order from Nutrisystem directly.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I lost weight back in the early 90's on Nutri-System and it worked very well for me. I did find it a problem to maintain when I couldn't eat "only" their foods anymore, though. Now I do a mix of clean eating and *whatever I feel like* provided I stay in my calorie range and keep up my exercise.