plateaus?

Options
So how many of you, like myself, have ran into a big plateau? What did you do to get out of it?

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Eat more and exercise harder =p

Now's also a really good time to evaluate your general diet; take an honest look at all your daily values: do you eat a lot of sugar? Processed foods or sodium? Sometimes just cutting junk out can really help. When I first started losing I'd save 300-400 cals everyday almost for sweets at night, and it worked for awhile, but then I plateau'd. Swapping that out for some healthier choices really made a huge difference!

Hope this helps, and congrats on your success so far! :flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Eat more and exercise harder =p

Now's also a really good time to evaluate your general diet; take an honest look at all your daily values: do you eat a lot of sugar? Processed foods or sodium? Sometimes just cutting junk out can really help. When I first started losing I'd save 300-400 cals everyday almost for sweets at night, and it worked for awhile, but then I plateau'd. Swapping that out for some healthier choices really made a huge difference!

Hope this helps, and congrats on your success so far! :flowerforyou:

Yep. That is what got me past plateaus also. Seems counter intuitive to eat more, but it works.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I am with you I have been stuck for almost a month :grumble: (it finally broke yesterday) For me I have increased my water intake and have broken the excersice I do into two parts half hour in the morning and a half hour in the afternoon. I do Wii Fit and I use Comcast exersice TV and mix up different things. Also make sure you are eat your BMR calories. I have also been making sure that I eat a snack between meals. ( feeling like a am eating all the time) but its working It does get very irratating when that silly scale sticks but as a wonderful wise person told me when I posted the same ? you did "look at how far you have come". It will come off just stick with it and dont be afraid to play with the numbers. :flowerforyou:

P.S apparentally I can do Exercise but I cannot Spell it:huh: