Stuck .. Help?

Options
First i would like to say i am proud of my 18 lbs lost so far. I started at 253 and now down to 235. I have a problem i been stuck at 235 since Nov. 28. I have tried to change my diet to smaller food portions, cut soda, drink more natural juice & water. I have also worked out more. Has anyone had this problem? In advance thanks for the feed back.

Replies

• kcwilliams07
    Options
    I'm not sure where you are in your timeline, but this is really common, especially for women. Part of it is that your body starts to realize how much weight it's losing and it freaks out a little. You're also probably building some muscle. Gaining muscle + losing fat = zero net weight loss. Hang in there.

I will say that sometimes I take a day off from my diet when this happens. It seems to restart my system and emotionally I feel less deprived. This may not be for you.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    your diary isn't public so I can't see it but if you were losing weight and then it stopped and you CUT your food, you probably aren't eating enough. Each time I've plateaued I've had to eat more. I'm currently eating 2000+ calories a day.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Sight unseen without knowing your age, height, weight or caloric intake, my first guess is that you're in the too-low-calorie-consumption trap.

A friend put this together: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833500-what-do-i-do-common-sense-cliff-notes