What do you put jam/jelly/preserves on?

Options
So raspberry preserves really satisfies my craving for something sweet but I'm looking for some ideas of things I might be able to enjoy it on besides breads as the breads are more cals/carbs than I'd like for a light snack. Am I out of luck or does anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    add it to plain yogurt.
  • Snick7227
    Snick7227 Posts: 13
    Options
    Why not try crackers? There is a lot of them out there that are not that bad for you and you just need a little to satify your craving. There is also celery you can use as well.
  • helenhaas
    helenhaas Posts: 12
    Options
    Cottage cheese with jam would be a good protein/carb snack or you could try special k wheat crackers-only 90 calories for 17. Sara lee makes a great 45 calorie a slice wheat bread if you still want bread with less calories... Oh, and Polaner all fruit makes really good jelly only flavored with fruit juice and the calories are really low.... hope this helps
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Ever tried Nuthins? Tasty nut-based cracker....
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What about the Thomas English muffin, they have ones that are only 100 calories,
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I eat every morning a plain rice cake (low salt) , 1 tbsp of all natural peanut butter with 1 Tbsp of smuckers seedless raspberry fruit spread ! I love rice cakes instead of bread!
  • sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I like 1 tbsp light cream cheese and 1 tbsp jam spread on melba toast....4 of the long toast done this way are about 120 calories. I like the crunch of melba toast and they aren't salty.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I eat every morning a plain rice cake (low salt) , 1 tbsp of all natural peanut butter with 1 Tbsp of smuckers seedless raspberry fruit spread ! I love rice cakes instead of bread!

Me too, Verda. Since I can't have bread rice cakes have been a total life saver... I don't know what I would do without them!