Anyone not tracking their cal's?

Options
Sounds like a funny question as this is a cal tracking site but i use it to check in every now and then to see how my days are going for cals and nutrients and i like the mssg boards.

i am focusing more on eating healhty then tracking the cals, is any one eles doing this?

Replies

• TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No , well kinda. I'm on salad to sexy challenge and i don't track as much. however i still put what i ate in my logg...
  • Meergan
    Meergan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a funny question as this is a cal tracking site but i use it to check in every now and then to see how my days are going for cals and nutrients and i like the mssg boards.

i am focusing more on eating healhty then tracking the cals, is any one eles doing this?

I'm exactly the same! I love reading all the message boards but i just don't find it useful to track my calories
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I struggle with it. I would like to not log and just focus on healthy eating, but I am addicted!! I will stop logging soon....
  • liltenji
    liltenji Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i track my calories most days but some days i forget or ive binged and its just effort to go back and log it.

i used to weigh everything out when i first started but i quickly got bored of that. ive become pretty good at averaging how much ive had
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm not tracking my calories at the moment. I started a new physical type job (stocker) and I'm going to just eat normally for a couple weeks and see how it all works out on the scale. After that I may log a typical day just to see how many calories I'm eating to maintain/lose.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I didn't used to and/or just made vague estimates when I did...then I wasn't meeting my goals. Since I really started tracking/measuring/weighing, I'm meeting all of my goals every week.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking 3 or 4 months ago. It's a beautiful thing!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I've stopped logging too and just eating sensibly and it seems to be working. So nice not having to weigh everything then log but I did do it for many months so I guess I know how to eat now.
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I track and it helps me be more aware of what I am putting into my body. It also makes you more aware of how many cal, fat. etc. are in each thing. Once I get to where I want to be then I might stop, for now I use it to help me get to my goal weight.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My last diet didn't track cal's and I lost 50 lbs on it kept it off for years. It was nice not counting cal's but it had it's own drawbacks which is why I chose calorie counting plan that's worked for me in the past too this time. Just don't have time to cook separate meals and finally got my days to myself after being stay at home mom with a little one so the last thing I want to do with my time is cook those meals no matter how yummy they were. So I just pop a shake or bar and count calories in one end of the day meal.

More power to you, it works it worked for me in the past at least on that plan I was on. IT was amazing not to have to count calories I remember that.
  • nat3r
    nat3r Posts: 1
    Options
    I am trying to fall into keto so i am pretty much using this site to keep track of what keeps my carbs down
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I track and it helps me be more aware of what I am putting into my body. It also makes you more aware of how many cal, fat. etc. are in each thing. Once I get to where I want to be then I might stop, for now I use it to help me get to my goal weight.

Totally this.

Even after being on here for months, I want to keep logging and learning. I'm a lot better now, but I'm not yet where I want to be.
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Currently not tracking. Trying to feel out my body. I will probably start tracking again in a few week.
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I tracked to re-educate myself but now I only log calories on days when I'm not too sure how much I've eaten. My diet tends to be pretty repetitive (I actually like it that way...) so I have a pretty good grip on what I'm eating most days. But if I eat something out of the ordinary, or eat out, then I log the calories.

My husband has been logging religiously every day for about 3 months and has lost a lot of weight. He says he's never going to stop!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I measure what I cook and log everything I eat but I don't apply the same discipline to exercise calories. I've been on this journey for more than a year (this is a new account) and I use average numbers for my workouts.