Ladys PMs and cramps

Options
Do you exercise when you have cramps and pms fatigue? I'm struggling with this i just want to go to bed.

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Depends.

I can usually tell when I'm just being lazy and when I REALLY can't do it. My cramps sometimes get bad enough that my legs get numb, so during those times, I'm DEFINITELY not going to be squatting heavy.

If you really can't, just don't work out and maybe eat less than normal. Or work it off the next opportunity.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    On Saturday I went for a 10.6 mile run, so yes. It usually makes me feel a lot better (lessens the cramps).
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I take meds and wait for the cramps to ease if they get bad enough. It'll really help with the general fatigue though.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's better that you get whatever exercise you can in. It will help with the cramps, also a few other things that I have personally noticed with them is eating chocolate, hot salt water baths and heating pads are amazing ways to help with the pain :)
  • sljohn84
    sljohn84 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, the first couple days are the worst, but if i have Midol im usually okay.
  • urownstupidity
    urownstupidity Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's better that you get whatever exercise you can in. It will help with the cramps, also a few other things that I have personally noticed with them is eating chocolate, hot salt water baths and heating pads are amazing ways to help with the pain :)

Chocolate contains Magnesium, which your body needs to keep blood levels normal.
    http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium

In response to the question, Midol, Advil or plain old ibuprofen + a glass of milk and/or some strawberry yogurt actually help a lot, since Calcium and Vitamin C helps ease cramps as well. Usually a 10-15 minute walk helps the pain, since it gets your muscles and blood moving, and all the pain is really just expanding and contracting of your uterus as it expels the lining (so gross, but true).
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    its the fatuige that gets me the cramps get better with exercise and a heating pad...but the fatuige gets me every time
  • daveshock
    daveshock Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :cry: SORRY GLAD I'M NOT A GAL
    its the fatuige that gets me the cramps get better with exercise and a heating pad...but the fatuige gets me every time