Strange yet yummy snack I made....

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks it's strange that I put cheese and jelly on an egg sandwich, but I don't see why it's any more strange than eating a cheese omelet with a side of toast and jelly. It's the same foods, but you can eat it with one hand.
  • Aelkron
    Aelkron Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good old fashioned Scottish mince - but poach an egg on the top before serving.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Cheeios drizzled with honey - milk on the side.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I went a little crazy once and used honey instead of jelly on my PBJ. :embarassed:

This is my grandson's favorite sandwich. It's good mixed with maple syrup for a sandwich too, or just to eat with a spoon.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I always eat my egg omelettes with melted dark chocolate and Peanut Butter and trust me it is 'gert lush'!

Ahahahahahaha 'gert lush'. I'm a Somerset boy by birth, and you're really taking me back to my school days now!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Not a healthy snack but oh so good... Oreo cookies with cream cheese. Mmmmmm.

This actually sounds delightful! I'll have to keep it in mind for when I have a sweet tooth and some extra calories to spare!

I've started eating peanut butter with bananas and peanut butter with string cheese. Both are combinations I wouldn't have tried before, but by golly, it keeps me from snacking so much! :)
  • ssieben
    ssieben Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am currently obsessed with mixing cocoa, mashed banana, egg white, and an egg and making a chocolate banana omelet for breakie. Also I have been taking a scoop of choc pro powder, 1 tbs of pb and mixing together with a bit of water so its like a thick pudding like consistency. Then freezing. Yum!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and pickles. Sweet on sandwiches, dill on crackers. Mm!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is strange, and I actually got the idea from another MFP member, but PB in oatmeal. DELISH!!

I also like to make egg salad with avocado instead of mayo. Realllllyyyy good.
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Oh yes Sardines....Love them with sour cream or quality greek yogurt and celery or with mustard (yellow or spicy deli) and chopped onions or as a "salad" with tomatoes and/or cucumbers.

[Note sardines have more minerals (esp calcium) , just as much or more protein and significantly less mercury than tuna.]
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I blend squash up in my spaghetti sauce to thicken it.

I use avocado in place of mayo for many things including egg salad.

I use applesauce instead of sugar when i bake whenever possible.

I guess none of those are really strange though..;
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    This isn't that strange, but I put an egg white in my oatmeal sometimes before I cook it to add some protein.

Also this isn't really healthy, but I eat peanut butter on my waffles and pancakes... and sometimes french toast too! It's sooo good.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on celery... sounds horrid but great before a run - kids love it too!

^ This! Is yummy with raisins sprinkled on them too!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    avocado chunks drizzled with EVOO, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Amazing.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I use avocado in place of mayo for many things including egg salad.

I've always wondered how that would be. Does it change the taste much?
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thin mint girl scout cookies with peanut butter...hence why i dont buy cookies!

currently drooling...:tongue:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    jelly omelettes. a little sweetener in the eggs, and jelly or jam or even berries on the inside. yum.
    Also...leftover spaghetti omelettes! easy and good!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, cream cheese honey and miracle whip on a sandwich... LOVE IT!! You have to layer it right, or it just doesn't work...

I will have to try bacon on this next time :)
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Frozen hash browns, nuked, added BBQ sauce and mustard. This was a common meal back in college.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My hubby thinks I'm weird cause I eat ketchup on eggs and mac n' cheese(not together).