loose skin, stretch marks and bikinis

Options
i was wondering if anyone out there where bikinis out in public with stretch marks and some loose skin. I am trying to decide if i should wear a bikini this year. i Know i can get bottoms and "tuck in" my stomach but i'm not sure how it will look and what ppl with think about me.....please let me know what you think! i would like to see pics too to help me feel a little better about what i'm gonna look like lol i havent worn a bikini since summer of 2008 and would like to start back! please help!!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Who cares what others think. If you are comfortable wearing one, wear one, otherwise don't.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    If you are that worried about it...for go the bikini. The "in" style is one-piece this year anyway.
  • IDCY843
    IDCY843 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    who cares what people think, if you want to wear a bikini and it makes you feel good, then you go for it ! :flowerforyou:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I only ever wear bikinis, and I have plenty of stretch marks as well as loose skin.

I'm not wearing my bikini for others, I'm wearing it for me - because it's what I find to be more comfortable to tan, swim, and run in.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi I think that you just have to decide whether you are going to go for it or not. who cares what others think???? wear what you feel comfortable in - it they dont like what they see then they can avert their eyes lol!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Get some firming lotion, it will help a little. Plus a little time will help as well.

Let me see pics of you in your bikini. I will be honest.

You are probably your worst critique and it is not near as bad as you make it sound.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I agree who gives a blarney on what others think. Their opinions do NOT matter, or well at least should not matter to you anywho. If you want to then DO it!
  • speedgoose
    Options
    I think if you even have to ask this question and ask what other people think, then you shouldn't wear it. I just say that because it appears like you're not confident enough in yourself to wear a bikini yet.
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I hear you on this. I was having this same debate last year and actually took a poll on my blog with pictures and all! haha It turned out to be so much in my head and I did wear bikinis and it was fine and people commented on how good I looked. If you can get past your own nerves I say do it. :flowerforyou:
  • carnold71
    Options
    I have to agree, we are all our own worst critic. But, I also know from experience if you go out in something your not comfy in then the less likely you are to enjoy yourself. Do what you feel is best for you and forget about what others may think. You can always wear your bikini when around very close friends/family and then stick to a one piece in more public settings. But more importantly....congrats on getting back into a bikini! :flowerforyou:
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My tummy was never smooth after my second child, and I never wore a bikini again. If you don't care what people think, wear a bikini. If you care what people think, there are going to be people out there (and I'm guilty) who are going to think, "Gross." I can't help it! I'm old, and my mother taught me to take pride in my appearance. Blame it on my mother! That said, I posted a gross photo of myself on MFP baring my rolls of fat. It was humbling, but we're friends here, right? Do what makes you comfortable, and wear clothes that flatter your body and make you feel good.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Everybody's entitled to their bathing suit on the beach, no matter if they have saggy skin, one leg, ugly shape or whatever. I NEVER stare and never judge and I expect that from others too. It is not a question of age or body size if you can go to the water and have a bath. I am finding the idea of restricting beach or pool fun to pretty and young people absolutely rude!
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    so long as you feel comfortable go for it, I have a little loose skin but I have stretch marks on my thighs an side (granted most are covered by a tattoo on one side but still lol) Make you happy not anyone else, if they dont like it then they shouldnt look :tongue:
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love wearing my bikini ~.^ lol but it's all based on your prefrence, also, the "one piece" with the open back and the strip down the front look good!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Who are these people that you are afraid of? Rawr, woman. Wear it. I go with comfort, so I like one-pieces better, but if you like the bikini, pay no attention to others.
  • skeefer13
    Options
    Wear what you are comfortable with. I have always worn a bikini and I have an issue with cellulite on my legs. And after I had my daughter I still wore the bikini; one because I didn't feel like going out and buying a new one and two I am not going to let my looks hold me back from taking my children to the beach or something similar. My youngest mutilated my belly. Seriously considering some plastic surgery after I reach my goal. There is always going to be someone else there that "shouldn't be wearing what they are wearing" and flaunting it like they're on the Victoria Secret runway. They do it because they don't care what anyone thinks.

So don't worry about anyone else. Go out, get your tan on, and have fun in the sun!!!!
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im only 26 and for 10 years i refused to go on holiday at all because i slowly gained weight from 15 up to nearly 17stone and a size 22. Last year i went abroad twice, once with my mother in law and the other with my partner. I wore a bikini both times. I still had stretch marks, loose skin and had only lost 2 stone since my heaviest. Don't get me wrong i did feel a little uncomfortable, but i was determined that i was going to feel better about myself and love my body no matter what.

Do what you feel is best. I personally felt more 'odd' in a one piece in a sea of bikini'd people!!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fellow bikini wearer here. Complete with plenty of stretch marks, cellulite & loose skin! :drinker:

Wear it proudly if you're comfortable with it. Whoever doesn't like it, doesn't have to look. When are you ever going to see them again anyway?
  • Sweetmaddie4u60
    Options
    i dont have a bikini yet just wondering if i should wear one lol
  • Azraele
    Azraele Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You worked HARD to get to where you are, who cares what other people think! So you have loose skin and stretch marks, EVERYONE has something about themselves the public eye finds ugly. Wear your bikini proudly your are woman, you are sexy and hell you earned it!