Heartburn/Acid Reflux?

Options
2»

Replies

• cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I did look at your diary and there's a lot of fried foods. You might consider eating things not fried for awhile and see if that helps.

http://heartburn.about.com/od/dailylife/a/livewithhrtbrn.htm

But again, please see your doctor. You don't have to live with this!
  • ilgetumipretty
    ilgetumipretty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely get it checked out by a doctor. It may be something other than acid reflux. I used to get horrendous heartburn until the doctor finally sent me for an endoscopy and I found out I have gastritis. Since i've started taking Aciphex daily I can eat whatever kind of food I want (spicy, etc) and nothing bothers me at all.
  • crjohnston12
    crjohnston12 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    the smartest thing you can do is GO TO THE DOCTOR to rule things out. I am a person with a crazy esophageal disease - you know, one out of every 100,000 people are afflicted - and I am treated at the Mayo clinic. I've been through all of the heinous tests and have tried every reflux medication out there (the one that works best for me is OTC Zegerid). But, we are not doctors and we cannot tell you that you are only having reflux! You need to have a scope and find out if you are in fact having reflux - or if there is something else that is wrong. There are 100 reasons why people get reflux and 100 more things that having reflux will affect. Find out what is going on and get it taken care of...it's important!

Things that could help if you truly have reflux: leep in a propped up position; try the elimination diet - wipe out foods (dairy, wheat, eggs, etc.) and re-introduce them one at a time so you can see if one particular food group affects you more than another; you can, of course, continue taking reflux meds, but they have side effects also.

OR, you can go to the doctor and find out what is going on.

Best of luck!