Not hungry....

♥seoid♥
♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Lately I haven't been hungry. I'm barely eating 1000 calories. I don't want to eat just to meet my calorie requirement, or should I?

Replies

• The minimum you should eat is 1200. Try picking foods higher in calorie. Your body needs the food to function properly
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    a glass of milk or a handful of nuts will take care of that for you :-)
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    I have found the links in this posting to be very helpful. One is on eating your calories and metabolism:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Not eating AND not being hungry is not a good sign. Your hunger signals are being confuzzled. Once you begin to eat enough and on a regular schedule, your hunger hormones should get back to normal. Hunger hormones are related to the hormones that signal that it's ok to use fat from our body as fuel (so we lose weight). We need these hormones working properly so we can burn fat.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I agree with the other posters on here. You need to eat 1200 calories. Look at what you have eaten and what you are short on. Today I am short on carbs and potassium. I will have to make that up. Your body needs a certain amount of nutrients to run on
This discussion has been closed.