Not good news but staying positive

Options
2»

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    A positive attitude is probably your most important effort.
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    Yes Lois I have got a smile on my kite LOL as most people say the measure is better than the scale :-)
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    1 pound is nothing... if you stay on the path, you'll kill it in the end and that pound will be a forgotten memory.
    So many variables go into that pound (time of day, water intake, sodium, did you go to the bathroom before etc..)
    Don't sweat it!
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    the time of day can make a big difference. you have the food you ate during the day. the fluids you drank at and after the gym etc. first thing in the morning is the best when it's possible.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Yes , can weigh in any time didn't think it would make much difference ?

I am usually about 2/2.5 lbs heavier in the evening! Try again in the morning you may be pleasantly surprised!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    stay with us Jamie, its a long road but MFP makes it so much easier !
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    think of it this way, you got 2 out of 3 victories, more exercise, better food. thats 2 HUGE victories
  • mpenner61
    Options
    Well was my weigh in tonight, put one pound on :-( but on the positive side eating healthier and getting fitter :-) Hopefully next week will be loss . It's a long road and only taken my first step

I am 51 years old and just starting this as well and I can tell you that if you follow the plan, the weight will come off, but not in any sort of linear fashion. I weigh myself almost every morning (even though I haven't been logging my weight every day) at the same time before I eat and I have seen as much as 5 pounds fluctuation from one day to the next. I was steadily losing weight and had hit 266 pounds 2 days after Christmas and then I did not see anything below that weight until 2 days ago, when I was 3 pounds lighter than the previous day.

So, hang in there. Weigh in the mornings before eating, but still be prepared for a bit of a bumpy ride as far as the scale goes. It took us a few decades to get to where we are and it will take some time and patience to get us back to where we want to be.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    Stay positive and keep working hard. That scale will be confused for a couple weeks just like your body is. Once it starts adjusting to your dietary and exercise habits, the results and scale will match. Good luck. :)