I'm new! Anyone else here with allergies?

Options
Hi everyone! I've been using MyFitnessPal for a while now off and on just because I was interested in how many calories things were, but my recent trip to the doctor revealed that I am allergic to MANY MANY things, and it's causing my digestive system to turn on itself.
I need to keep track of my food intake, and I'm going to start excercising more, so I've decided to start keeping up with the MyFitnessPal tracker for good now, and I"d love to make some friends along the way to encourage and be encouraged by! =) And maybe some recipe swapping to boot, because I adore cooking and can't let my many allergies get in the way of the kitchen fever.

My allergies are as follows:

Gluten in general
Yeast
Whole Wheat, Barley, Rye, and Spelt
Corn products (corn, corn flour, corn syrup, etc.)
Eggs
Cow milk/cheese/yogurt/etc. (I CAN have goat dairy)
Almonds*, Peanuts, Pecans, and Sesame Seeds
Coffee beans
Cranberries*
Shellfish

Anyone who shares some of those sensitivies or knows a home recipe they use that happens to not use any of them, I'd love to talk to you! And anyone else who'd like to say hi. =)

Thanks! I"m so excited to start getting involved with this community!

-=Brenna=-

Replies

• CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm allergic to gluten (whole wheat, spelt, pretty much everything) and all products based on milk, incl milk-powder. Most nuts as well. I've found a milk without lactose (which is what makes one allergic or at least me), but has all the stuff from a regular milk.

What kind of recipes are you interested in? My stepdad is a cook so I might be able to get a recipe or two ;-)

:-) , Louise