Well balanced, low calorie breakfast ideas?

Options
Hello everyone. I am looking for ideas in making healthy, low calorie breakfast meals. I have been eating 1/4 cup of steel cut oats everyday for the past two weeks. I am looking better ideas. The oatmeal is not as low as I had thought and hoped for, being that I'm trying to still within or below the 1,200 calorie diet plan. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Aloha, Nelle:happy:

Replies

• SaltChunk
    SaltChunk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in ideas. My default has been 1 tbsp low-fat pb on toast with apple slices or other fruit. Sometimes, I do 3 egg whites with 1 tbsp shredded cheddar and a bit of diced red pepper and 1 slice reduced calorie bread - I like the Harvest Pride Light English Muffin. I'm not much of a smoothie person.
  • chrisjmen
    chrisjmen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It depends how many calories you are looking to get into your breakfast. I have a really good well balanced protein shake that I drink everyday. I have about 1600 calories a day to use for cutting weight, mainly cause I am very active. Try this recipe, Its half of my shake. Cup and a half water (yes water cause its zero calories) 40 grams weighed of Kale (Best greens on the plant) a whole banana, and one scoop of Chocolate Whey protein powder. With this drink you will have your veggies, fruit, carb and protein source for the morning. Mix all together also with 8 cubes of ice. Tastes great and really healthy. I add steal oats as well but you dont have too. I do it for more carb and protein intake.
  • Samantha44145
    Samantha44145 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do one serving of greek yogurt with fruit and one slice of sprouted wheat bread for about 200 calories.
  • CupcakeDefeater
    CupcakeDefeater Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    wheatabix, skimmed milk and a chopped up banana! will keep you stocked up till lunch!
  • jmwaskie
    Options
    Today I had a banana with a lowfat plain yogurt. Yums!!!
  • frog8381
    frog8381 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1/4C steel cut oats is only 150 calories. How much lower are you looking for, exactly?
  • Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites, 1 Morning Star patty, oatmeal or 100 cal english muffin. Be sure to balance your carbs with more (healthy) protein. Total cals = 200 or so.
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It must be the 1Tbsp of brown sugar and 1/4Cup of vitamin D milk. I really need to change something about my breakfast. I want to try something else that is low in calories. I know I'll get bored of eating the same thing over and over and over.
  • Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat breakfast, but after much coaxing, I've begun and it has really helped to balance my day. South beach has an egg muffin recipe thats pretty good too!
  • monizjm
    Options
    :) thank you so much for the great feedback! i will definitely try this and look up the South Beach muffin recipe! Excited to give it a try.
  • monizjm
    Options
    Oh that sounds balanced and delicious! Yogurt and a banana! Great simple idea! Thank you.
  • Portugueselove
    Portugueselove Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have a boiled egg and a weight watchers string cheese. If i am in a hurry then i will have an EAS protein shake. But my nutritionist really wants me to eat my protein. Before when i was doing my 1200 calorie diet i would have the Smart One's Muffin Sandwiches, it was yummy. Also i would do sometimes the smart ones ham and egg breakfast that they had.