Hello Everyone! New here...

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Jenn. I have a lot of weight take off. I have gained over 70+ lbs trying to have another baby over the passed two years. Between the stress, medications and surgery, I am now overweight. It is amazing how I didn't notice it over the months-it was a gradual process until I had to keep buying new clothes. (Normally I like to go shopping) Anyway- that's my story!

Looking for tons of support, cas I am gonna need it! :) I just started Couch to 5k today and I think I need to add something esle to it but I don't want to over do it and give up either.

Thanks for listening and Good luck to all!

Replies

• jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello Jenn, I'm Jenn as well! Welcome to the site. It's a pretty great place and everyone is so supportive. It really helps on those rough days.
  • Mrsmartin73
    Options
    Thanks Jenn! :) Thanks for the warm welcome.
  • Lissa05
    Lissa05 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Jen,

Im New to the site too, my story is similar and i have about the same weight to take off, as yourself, its amazing how fast it creeps on without you noticing.
    it would be great to chat and get to know you and motivate each other.

i hope to hear from you soon

Larissa
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Katie and I know all about weight sneaking up on you. I didn't notice until I saw a recent photo of myself...ouch. Hey yours is the second time I have heard someone talk about the program you just started. I have not yet heard of it. What does it entail?
  • Lissa05
    Lissa05 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Everyone...

My Name is Larissa and i am a newbie to this website,,over the past two years ive had several "Lady issue" to deal with and i didnt realise with all the medication ect that my weight was creeping on without me realising it.
    now all the baggy Tshirts and gym pants that i have been getting around in need to be ditched and i desparately need too lose atleast 35kg and i am looking for some great motivation hence why i signed up to this website.
    Im would like to meet some really nice people along the way, so dont be shy post a message back :)

Cheers

larissa :)
  • Mrsmartin73
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Larissa- That would be great! I need all the motivation I can get! :)

Songbird- The C25k program is a gradual building program that gets you in shape for running. My first week consists of 3 days spread out threw the week. 5 minutes of brisk walking and then 1 min to jogging to 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes. The sad thing is I'm so OUT of shape that I couldn't even run/jog so I walked very fast and pushed myself not to stop. Walking will still help me get the weight off... :)
  • Suttice
    Suttice Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been SERIOUSLY dieting and exercising since January 2010. I say SERIOUSLY because this site allows me the opportunity to observe ALL of my eatting habits. I've always been a fierce competitor regarding sports and staying active, but I've somewhat dropped the ball regarding a proper diet. It's really cool! I think it has finally become a "way of life" for me. I seem to have a clear and concise knowledge of what I can and cannot consume. Overall, I feel and look great! I've completely lost the "middle-aged man doughnut" around my waist and replaced it with ripped muscle. My goal is to get my Marine Corps form again. Ya know, like a work of art (smile). I'm on my way. I should reach the goal of 190 lbs (started at 220 lbs) by May 2010. Summertime!!!!
  • Mrsmartin73
    Options
    Excellent Suttice! That's awesome! Yep I wanna get my bod back too. You give me some hope that it can be done and you can see results! :) Good luck!