Looking for motivating, positive female friends in their 20s

Options
My name is Ashley, and I've struggled with weight since I was 16 (I'm now 24). In high school, I developed EDNOS and once weighed 118 at 5'9---not healthy at all. After I recovered, it seemed like I couldn't stop binging and eating all the wrong foods.

For the most part, I've been able to move past unhealthy habits, but am trying to find a more comfortable weight. Since high school, my weight has fluctuated, but I'm currently 160ish at 5'9, aiming for 145.

I'm a local business/politics journalist for a small community paper, triathlete, half-marathoner, ballerina, ballet instructor, wife and yogi. And, hopefully, soon-to-be Yorkie owner.

I'm looking for supportive female friends in their 20s - please feel free to add me!

Replies

• sunnysophie
    Options
    You had me on 'soon to be Yorkie owner' =D Request sent!
  • kazb0t
    kazb0t Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Adding! I'm on the later side of 20s(I'm 28) but I can understand going through some of those bad eating habits. When I was 17-18, I dropped down to 120, which would have been GREAT as I am 5'2", but I did it by barely eating anything at all and excessively exercising. Now a decade later I am at my heaviest ever but I am determined to change that. I want to lose it the proper way, the healthy way!
  • jibber_jammer
    Options
    Id love to! Ive always been a bigger girl, and I would lose 5 lbs and gain it back and so on. Even in highschool iwas 180lbs (At 5"2 thats not good!)
    At 21 i have finally made the decision to smarten up. Im not looking at this as a short term thing, Im avoiding using food as a reward, and Im trying to make this a permanent way of life. I want to eat healthy, to be healthy. Not skinny or slim, just healthy.
    Add me please! Would love to see your posts in my feed for encouragement!
  • glassxxballerina
    Options
    Thanks! I'll be adding all of you :)
  • kiesha23
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I'm 27, and back on MFP after losing 50 lbs in 2011 and gaining 30 back in 2012. I went through a divorce in early 2012, and I tend to eat my feelings and engage in retail therapy...so now that my clothes don't fit and my wallet is empty, I'm ready to get back in shape. :)

I'd love a new pal on the same road.