LA Marathon - March 21st

Options
Is there anyone who will be running in the LA Marathon on March 21st? I will be running and it is my first marathon. I am really pumped for it and very excited to challenge myself. I have ran in 5k and 10k's, but nothing of this length.

Does anyone have any advice that would help me prep prior to the race (i.e. my diet for the week of race or even night before, water intake, stretches, attire, etc...)?

I hope to see you out there! :smile:

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I know 2 people that are running it, I ran my first full last year and it will be GREAT :smile: My advice is to carb load 2 nights before the race, the night before I would eat a normal moderate meal with protein and carbs... the morning of I would get up at least 2 hours before the race starts and have a big breakfast, not too big but like an english muffin with peanut butter and a banana with a couple glasses of water and then right before the race I would have something small like some cliff shot blocks or sport beans. Attire depends on you and if you get cold and such, I ran in shorts and a tank with a long sleeve shirt and then I gave the long sleeve to my parents at mile 6... as far as stretching goes, do what you do on your normal run, if you stretch before then warmup for a few minutes before the race starts cause you don't want to have to stop to stretch. Fluid intake throughout the race is important. You don't want to over drink or under drink.. what I did was I would have a small sip of the energy drink they offered and wash it down with water plus I carried my own shot blocks cause at mine they had food way to late in the race for me so you may want to check that out before... hm what else.. oh yea HAVE FUN! Its really a cool experience to have that many people around you running 26.2 miles and la is a big one, supposed to be a fun one too... have a great time and enjoy it, good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help :smile:

~Leash :heart: