What keeps you motivated?

I joined MFP when a friend had told me about, and how great it was! I have since been on it for a while now, but only follow it for about 2 months, and then I would stop. The last time, I was having a really great time with it, and was losing between 1.5lbs-2lbs a week, but then we have gotten some sudden news that we needed to relocate for my boyfriends job, which then hindered my weight loss. I have since gained back the whole 17lbs that I lost.

I am looking to start again, and would like to know what keeps everyone motivated. My boyfriend is extremely supportive, and will eat anything that I make him, but he isn't a fan of the gym. My friends aren't the biggest support system either. Most, if not all are about 70lbs+ overweight and it makes it extremely hard to make healthy decisions when around them.

I would love to know what keeps you going to the gym. I have a picture in my mind of what I want to look like, and I want to be healthy, I want to be one of those people that throws on pants and a sweatshirt and runs 5km like it's nothing. But, I lack the tools and "get up and go" to get it done.

So, what keeps you motivated?

PS: I am 5'0, SW of 186lbs, would like to lose about 55lbs, anyone with similar goals, feel free to add me!

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    My jeans.
    My jeans keep me motivated. I'd like to reclaim them from my daughter.
    I am an island in that I also go to the gym...ALONE because everyone around me has different interests.
    I do Taekwondo too, that helps if you prefer exercising with a group.
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    I wanted my life back,I wanted to stop feeling bad about myself, so i got out pics of me thin about 4 years ago very long ugly story anyway unpacked my thin clothes hung them in the closet I want me back and I will do anything to get there!!!