Newbie here. What is your overall goal?

Options
Hi! I just joined this year as a part of my New Years Resolution to start journaling more. I'm looking for friends who I can mutually support as I try to finally achieve my goal. I've gone from about 240 to around 205 since last May and have been stuck trying to break 200. I think MFP is just what I need to help keep me honest and finally get me below 200lbs.

My main goal is to be around 180, but honestly I'd just like to get rid of my belly and do a pull up. Just one. I've never been able to do one without flailing around like some kind of demented fish.

I've been doing some burpees in the morning and am working my way up to 20, plus jogging 3-4 times a week when possible. I can't afford a gym membership right now so I'm trying to see if I can get similar results as I was using barbell and free weights by doing bodyweight and cardio work instead. Any advice is welcome!

So what's your goal?

Replies

• sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Personally my long term goal is 130lbs. I am only 5'5" and I have a very small frame. That puts me in the mid range of healthy BMI. I'm on here daily and am up for getting more friends on here.

Good luck with the remaining loss that you have to go.
  • Eric38877
    Options
    around 20 lbs
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and currently at 200 lbs. My goal is 150 - 160 (its been so long since I have been anywhere near that I am not sure)...
    I will settle for buying regular size jeans which feel comfortable at the moment tho
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm not so worried about the weight loss, I'd just like to have healthy BMI for once in my life :)
  • stutiff
    Options
    welcome to the group. I also just joined. Looking to lose 25 pounds my self.

2013 is our year!

Stuart
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    25% body fat, to 15% body fat.
  • heatherg1987
    Options
    Hi I'm new to message boards and feel that maybe this will help me get to my goal as well. . I'm 166 and my goal is 130. I have tried to lose weight before and am currently in the second week of south beach with nothing to show for it so I feel that being here will help me with support instead of giving up.
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Glad you joined. I just signed up last week and agree that this might be just what I need to get me under 200 :)

I was up to 262 around Xmas of 2011. I'm now down to 207. These last 55 are going to be tough, but I am so committed!

:smile:
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 150 pounds. Welcome to MFP
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    To have a really low body fat percentage(10% or lower). This will require the loss of 23kg/50lbs.