Smoothies

Options
Anyone have a really good recipes for a homemade fruit and/or yogurt smoothie? I would really like to make smoothies every so often for my kids and I to have together as a dessert or snack during the day or even a meal replacement for me. I just don't like those protein mix smoothies which is why I am looking for a good homemade recipe.

Replies

• iwant2bhealthy80
    iwant2bhealthy80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine shared this one with me today. I'm not sure what it taste like but this is it.......plain greek yogurt into a smoothie w bannanas, spinach, almond milk and what ever other fruit I got laying around.

U don't taste the spinach. But if u do add a nanna slice and it makes anything good.
  • kathlen_xoxo
    Options
    For a basic strawberry banana smoothie (will make a lot to share with family):
    1 cup frozen, chopped strawberries
    1 cup frozen, chopped bananas
    1 cup of milk (I use low-fat organic milk, but just use whatever you drink regularly)
    1 cup of juice (try not to use orange or pineapple juices- use sweeter juices)

Just put that stuff in an blend for about a minute! How long you do it kinda depends on your blender. And you can use the same recipe with any other fruits. One I really enjoy is cantaloupe and banana! Enjoy :)
  • clynn84
    clynn84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thanks! If I use fresh fruit instead of the frozen should I add ice into the blender as well? And if so, how much?