New experiment

Options
I have always been one of those who weighs themselves every day.

The past couple of weeks have been hard as I am going through tough times with a nasty divorce and sale of the ex marital home, and diet and exercise have beenup and down.

I have been getting discouraged when I got on the scales when one day it went up and then back down - all over the place.

So I have asked my partner to hide the scales and I am trying going for a week without weighing myself, and I have to admit it feels strange aiming for that weekly goal and very different. If I have maintained or lost a 1lb I will be more than happy with all I am dealing with.

I'll let you know how it goes. :smile:

Replies

• RunningRatty
    Options
    I have always been one of those who weighs themselves every day.

The past couple of weeks have been hard as I am going through tough times with a nasty divorce and sale of the ex marital home, and diet and exercise have beenup and down.

I have been getting discouraged when I got on the scales when one day it went up and then back down - all over the place.

So I have asked my partner to hide the scales and I am trying going for a week without weighing myself, and I have to admit it feels strange aiming for that weekly goal and very different. If I have maintained or lost a 1lb I will be more than happy with all I am dealing with.

I'll let you know how it goes. :smile:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for all the stress in your life, I know it must be hard right now. I have from the beginning only weighed myself once a week. After all that is my goal , to loose 2 pounds a week. I can't see weighing everyday to see a fraction of a pound come off. Doubt I would notice it. :flowerforyou:
  • keepontrying74
    Options
    Sorry for the bad situations going on right now, have been there myself and I know how draining it is.

I too have a tendency to weigh myself too much - I think your plan is a good one.

Good luck with everything!