New and need friends! :)

Options
Hey, so I'm new to mfp! I find that I tell myself that I'll start working out and eating better, do it for maybe a day, and lose focus. My sister is getting married this fall and I'm going to be a bridesmaid and I want to look good in the pictures! It's very hard to stay motivated with all this snow on the ground!
How do you stay motivated?

Replies

• trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lots of great support on here, feel free to add me!
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! We can do this!

I am going to a wedding in Autumn too so I finally want to be able to buy a nice dress!

Feel free to add. Kab x
  • dcunagin
    Options
    I am trying to loose weight for a nephews wedding in October. I have alot to loose around 75 pounds. I am also doing Weight Watchers. I try to stay busy, for me there is alot of unfinished projects around this house, so I hope that will help to keep my mind off and stray to eat things that wont help me reach my goal. Motivation is hard, for me, I have a husband who teases me and says I cant stay focus. So for me that is my motivation at least for today. Now tomorrow I may have to find another one. Just think how you will feel at the wedding and maybe that will keep you on task. I have a sister in law and she kinda makes me feel bad and that she looks so much better, its not healthy but that also helps me to try harder.
    Just remember to do this in a healthy way. Best of luck
  • mrscaryn
    mrscaryn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am kinda new also, you can add me if you like. Thanks
  • redshaz73
    Options
    I am new too. Please feel free to add me :)
  • Angeleyes05
    Angeleyes05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My motivating friends on here. Feel free to add me for some mutual support!!!
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I was in a wedding in October and barely fit in my maid of honor dress =/ at least you have time to prepare and will look great! I'm motivated by knowing spring will be here soon so when I can get back outside I'll be all in shape and ready for my next adventure (haha I just reread that and its so cheesy but true!)
  • antonyagj
    Options
    I just joined too! I would love to hear tips and share successes with you all!
  • julekinz
    julekinz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    These MFPers make a great support system! You can TOTALLY add me. :smile:
  • MisScorpio
    Options
    feel free to add me. :happy:
  • nic_ci
    nic_ci Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • alisha514
    alisha514 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me;)
  • Denisse210
    Denisse210 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not new technically new, but this is the first time committing and i need help/support =)

anyone feel free to add me- Denisse
  • cathypayne
    Options
    Get your dress a size smaller so you KNOW you have to lose some weight. Also, really watching what you eat is a HUGE thing too. Good luck!
  • justdoitbecca
    Options
    Hi, I've been on this for a while, my old account was great & I lost loads because of all the motivation! Unfortunately that got deleted and I have totally slipped back to my old ways, made a desicion to get back on track need some support & more than wiling to encourage others.

I'm 18 & now focussing on becoming fit & strong rather than the number on the scales, come read my profile & add please!! x
  • MaryC1ara
    MaryC1ara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI! Im newish too and would love for people to add me!
  • edspillane
    edspillane Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Best of luck on losing weight and exercising in the new year!
  • gayle4882
    gayle4882 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can friend me! I am very motivatied!! I stay motivated because I want to be healthy and look good! I live in snow country too and I still get out and exercise every day. Walk or snowshoe in the deep snow. 60 minutes of snowshoeing burns 500 calories! If that's not motivation I don't know what is.
  • nicole102589
    Options
    Hi! OK so I have been on and off mfp for a few years now and I always do "good" for a few weeks then lose focus and go back and forth. I graduate in April and I really want to set a goal to lose at least 15 pounds until then. I used to do weight watchers and I lost 40 pounds a few years ago and that program really worked! I liked the fact that I had to go every week and weigh in and there were people around me going through the same thing! Since I moved to college it was harder to stay on task and find people to do it with. I have since found out I am not a very "self motivated" person when it comes to weight loss and I like to be motivated with people around me! I hope I can stick to it this time and reach my goal!
  • La_Guerita_024
    Options
    HI NEW ON HERE LOOKING FOR FRIENDS TO HELP ME GET THRU THIS N REALLY NEED THE MOTIVATION. IN DESPRATE NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT BUT ITS VERY HARD CAUSE I HAVE HYPOTHYROID N THAT DOESNT HELP ME :(