How often to you weigh and do you record each time?

Options

Replies

• tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning between 5-7 am. I record every time. I think I missed once while on vacation.
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Every day and record every day, whether it's a loss or a gain.
  • Louie1956
    Louie1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weight every morning but record every Monday morning. Monday weigh-in keeps me more focused on the week end!!! I am very faithful about tracking my food - - - before the holidays I went 4 weeks with NO LOSS!!! I make sure I am eating 1200 calories each day and the weight is coming off!!!! Absolutely love MFP - - - - it works!!!!
  • wink77g
    Options
    I weigh and log every morning right after I wake up. Keeps me focused.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I have speadsheet and record most things daily including weight. However I only record my new low weight on MFP assuming I am losing. If I am not I will record a gain but not until it is shown not to be just a weekly fluctuation. If I recorded every loss and gain on MFP I would be posting soemthing daily and losing alot more than I really am. This way I can see patterns in my weight and inches on my spreadsheet and see the general trend on MFP.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I weigh when i've pooped--no poop = no weigh in. I log when I remember to do so.
  • warrinet
    warrinet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weight once a week and I only record the losses.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to lose, I weighed daily. Now in maintenance, I weigh in 1 or 2 days a week but I can't tell you the last time I recorded on MFP.
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I heard from someone here the following advice, which I now follow.

I weigh myself daily, but I only report loss if it's two days in a row. That way I know I'm not reporting water gain/loss.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily because I like the emotional roller coaster. I only log it once a week on the same day to track the trend.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I generally only weigh once a week, on fridays, and I record EVERY TIME!! Otherwise I am just kidding myself if I go up and don't mark it down. I think you (not you as in YOU, but you as in the general population) need to be accountable to yourselves and I think not recording if you go up is not being accountable.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I have speadsheet and record most things daily including weight. However I only record my new low weight on MFP assuming I am losing. If I am not I will record a gain but not until it is shown not to be just a weekly fluctuation. If I recorded every loss and gain on MFP I would be posting soemthing daily and losing alot more than I really am. This way I can see patterns in my weight and inches on my spreadsheet and see the general trend on MFP.

Basically this same thing. Except sometimes multiples times a day (and I note whether it is a morning, midday or evening weigh-in). The interesting thing is while (duh) end of the day is almost always the heaviest, sometimes mid-day will be the lightest. And sometimes if I see a weight in the middle of the day, that is a good hint that in one or two weeks it will start to show up in the morning too. However, morning weights are definitely the most consistent so I'd recommend most people weigh in the morning.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, and record it in my weekly planner. It helps to keep me on track :)
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I can't weigh every day. I'd be so sad. :tongue: - because I know I have fluctuations and I wouldn't want a daily gain to throw me off of my goal.

I weigh weekly, in the morning, after peeing and before shower. Nekkid. :laugh:
  • Amypascoe
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday or Saturday morning naked. Seriously. I'm not adding any ounces by having clothes on! LOL.
  • dmschultes
    Options
    I weigh every day . The key is to not let the fluctuations in weight get you down. For me what helps is to only log once a week.:noway:
  • jupe1407
    Options
    Every Monday morning, right after a bath. I record it on a spreadsheet, and include losses and gains (surely it's pointless otherwise?)

If i do gain, I look on it as an opportunity to put in a big loss over the week.
  • x_pix_x
    x_pix_x Posts: 21
    Options
    I jump on the scales most days, at different times of the day also. It just gives me a feel for what my body is doing and although it fluctuates and I don't get worked up if I'm higher on a day where I weigh in the evening, if that figure was to show consistently, especially in the morning I would know I need to change something. However, I only record on a Wednesday morning as that's when I did my first weigh in when I started mfp. Will log it whatever, loss or gain, even if it's maybe a period gain as it's the long term picture I'm looking at.
  • liltenji
    liltenji Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. I only log when i see a new lower amount. ie ive weighed myself every day for the past few weeks and its gone up and down the same few lbs but i only logged it yesterday cause it was finally showing a new number
  • petiteMom289
    Options
    I normally weigh my self once a week. It's been every Monday morning after I empty my bladder and before eating any breakfast. Sometimes I'll jump on mid week just to see but I do not record it.