Ecersizes not on mfp???

Hey guys. I have SO many workout DVDs that I do. None of them are on here under the excersizes. I could manually add, but have no idea how many calories I burned or anything. Any suggestions? Or is there something I am missing. I am new here, so I could be doing something wrong. But I would have thought the most popular, Jillian Micheals, Billy Blanks, Insanity etc... but no dice. Help!

Replies

• cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    A lot of people put exercise DVDs under circuit training. They put dance DVDs under dance. If you made a catagory for every new, improved video out there you'd crash the database. Cheers!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    1336568413511.jpg
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Depending on what kind of workouts they are you can list it under different things.

Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 I have been listing under circuit training (approx 24 minutes). She adds some calistenics to her routines (this dvd has approx 10 minutes) so as long as your are doing warm ups and wind downs those minutes can be listed there (she notes that in a few of her DVD's that she considers it so).

So whatever the workout is made up of and you can quantify the time you can find it that way :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I log them as "Aerobics - moderate"
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    1336568413511.jpg

My exact reaction
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    1336568413511.jpg

BINGO
  • yeah, that is what I had been doing but thought there might be an easier way. I know there are just way too many workout dvds for them to have a database for. BUT it would be nice ;)
    LOL thanks for the responses!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    1336568413511.jpg

i <3 you for this.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    1336568413511.jpg

i <3 you for this.

Seriously, don't be mean... we have had enough bullies on today...
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Im sorry but... I have to do this.... **Exercise** **Exercises**
    Depending on what the video focuses on you should log it as such like for example: Aerobic exercises, Calisthenics, Light weight training, Weight training.. ect.. ect..
  • Thank you madam grammar.