Anyone training for an upcoming Tough Mudder?

Options
I am doing the one in Buffalo, NY in July. I just started to train; basically I added running a few miles into my workouts ....how are you training?

Always looking for people to bounce ideas off...

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Same thing. I added running to go along with my gym sessions. I do a variation of the Tough Mudder training regimen (basically a metaboic type workout) the have on their site. And since mine is in Feb, I'm working out outside in the early am to adapt to the cold. SoCal cold I know, but hey, that's cold for me.

I just noticed I'm going to be very weak on the monkey bars obstacle so I'm planning to do a few things specifically for that. Hell, who am I kidding. It's too late. I'm planning to swim.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'm all signed up for Wisconsin, in September. Just trying to increase my mileage, as I can only run about 3 miles at a stretch, now. And I'm slow. But it's not timed, and it's gonna be GREAT!!!
  • harveyc1987
    harveyc1987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm started doing Tapout XT and just started C210k today. I'm doing the tough mudder in Philly so its not until June. I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I complete tapout. I saw the mudder wasn't timed but I also saw something about if your not completing it fast enough they will tell you to take a short cut a do a modified path. Do you guys know if there is any truth to that? I'm trying to do the whole course and not the modified one.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    We are doing a tough mudder in August and we are all volunteering in May to defer costs.

I am in the process of ramping up my running, just started the program at hundredpushups.com and I'm continuing with my weight training on my rest days from running.

I think I will start the pullups program soon
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm started doing Tapout XT and just started C210k today. I'm doing the tough mudder in Philly so its not until June. I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I complete tapout. I saw the mudder wasn't timed but I also saw something about if your not completing it fast enough they will tell you to take a short cut a do a modified path. Do you guys know if there is any truth to that? I'm trying to do the whole course and not the modified one.

*googles tough mudder in Philly* I may be ready for something ike this by then
  • jea155
    jea155 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did the mudder in New Jersey in the fall and i'm getting ready for the one in West Virginia in April. My training advice would focus more on strength and core stuff then just running. Running is of course important because it's 10-12 miles, but you need to strengthen your core and upper body, and do whatever you can to work on your grip. The rings, and monkey bars are killer. If you fall you can always swim across, but I think it's better to work at it and pull yourself over.