what do you guys think about special K

Options
Just wondering. ... I starting eating this for something quick instead of making other choices that can be worse. Also, has any one didthe special K challenge?

Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    special k brand is a POS because it is misleading saying that it is "healthy" and all it is, is processed carbohydrates with little micronutrients and low amounts of protein and fiber..
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Oh, you mean the cereal.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Oh, you mean the cereal.

:laugh: Heartily :laugh:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    it hasnt worked for this guy..
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-5660-1355938677-10.gif
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Special K is not the healthiest cereal out there by a long shot. It's all sugar and nothing else, no nutritional value at all. You need to look for a cereal with low sugar and high fiber. If you really like it, go ahead and eat it, but you may as well eat Frosties if you wanted.

The Special K diet is just a way to sell more cereal, it wouldn't be very healthy and you could choose a low calorie meal with more vitamins and nutrients, and get the same results.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    it hasnt worked for this guy..
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-5660-1355938677-10.gif

Omg, that is the saddest looking thing ever! I want to give it unicorns and rainbows and loads of cute kittie pictures just to cheer it up!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    That "challenge" is bull, IMO. You replace meals with snacks...then a sensible dinner? Not enough. I wouldn't do it but its your body. Good luck.
  • sambadancer10
    Options
    It is good, as in tastes good. And certainly better than a bowl of ice cream. I would save it for when you have a sweet attack. But good old fashioned rolled oats are cheap as dirt and a much better choice. Only takes a few minutes to make as well.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    I love Special K products, but would never build a diet or weight loss plan around them.
  • virginiadavis9803
    virginiadavis9803 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I thought about it. I even went on their site for it. The more I was reading on it the more I realized they are just trying to get you to buy their whole line of Special K products. Save you $ and eat a bowl of cornflakes. :)
  • username_misso
    username_misso Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    there are way better alternatives.
  • susan_skipper
    Options
    A good cereal that has no sugar is Shredded wheat. Not the mini frosted shredded wheat but the kind that comes in big cakes. Two of them for breakfast, no sugar and low in calories compared to other cereals. I have to let them sit in the milk for awhile to make them soft because they kind of stick in my throat if I dont. When we were kids growing up my Mom used to pour boiling water on them, let it sit for a minute then drain the water off and add milk. I buy Post shredded wheat but this is in Canada so I dont know what is available in other countries.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like to eat the protein bars for when I feel like I want something sweet in which I want something sweet everyday. I figure it is better than a Snickers or cake or cookies:happy:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I like Special K cereal, but don't think of it as extra healthy. Just a cereal. Sometimes when time and energy is very short I have cereal for dinner.

I am on a Rice Chex kick right now for cereal.
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The products are yummy, but I would never look to the brand for nutrition. I keep the snack bars around for when I'm having a sweet craving.
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    I feel hungry after eating Special K products.
  • muhl85
    muhl85 Posts: 17
    Options
    I did as well. When I was first trying to lose weight (and failing), I would cling to products like this. I would feel unsatisfied and end up bingeing an hour later! I've had much more success with real, whole foods in moderation. Give me some old-fashioned oats with raisins and peanut butter any day!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    There is not nearly enough fiber in there to get my morning started. Plus it tastes boring. There are so many other cereals out there that are low carb and high fiber and taste great. I might be giving myself a bit more calories this way, but I feel better, stay full longer, have more energy, and enjoy it more.
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I enjoy their granola in yogurt but I wouldn't do the "diet" associated with their brand.