Meal bars/protein bar recommendations

Options

Replies

• martyguy74
    martyguy74 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like the Nature Valley Protein bars. You can get them at Walmart in the cereal aisle. They are tasty and keep me full. Plus I can still get my chocolate fix. :happy:

Peanut, Almond, & Dark Chocolate

190 Cals
    12g Fat
    3.5 Sat. Fat
    180 mg Sodium
    14g Carbs
    5g Fiber
    6g Sugar
    10g Protein

Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate

190 Cals
    12g Fat
    3.5g Sat Fat
    170 mg Sodium
    14g Carbs
    5g Fiber
    6g Sugar
    10g Protein
  • freshvl
    freshvl Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    i'm stuck on the mars bars :(
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like Ideal bars by ideal shape. One of those and a piece of fruit and I'm good. One of the best tasting bars I've ever tried.
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to agree with those that mentioned Quest and Pure Protein. I love them both.
  • kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Larabar are also pretty good. Very few ingredients ( most are under 5 and closer to 3) The Blueberry Muffin tastes just like a real muffin, and actually contains no wheat products.
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    i really like the Atkins meal bars. They taste good and fill me up!
  • tcpwade
    tcpwade Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a variety to try because our grocery store had them on sale 10 for 10- so they were only $1 each. I really, really liked the White Chocolate Macadamia and Peanut Butter Crunch by Clif bars, and I really liked the Luna bars as well. The Luna ones were lower in calories but I use the Clif bars to replace my breakfast or lunch entirely so I didn't mind the higher (250) calorie count, and the Clif bars really, really filled me up. Like I was stuffed as though I'd eaten a big meal. The Luna bars, while they did sustain me, weren't quite as filling to me.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the pure protein bars and they are good and filling. I believe they are 180 cals with 20 protein
  • cachergirl
    Options
    I like the zone bars and eat as a snack..i like the strawberry yougart..but i also have a Balance Bar for breakfast..my husband calls them candy bars..but same nutriction as the Zone bars..they both satisfy me..It is the same as Zone bars on the combo of carbs protein and good fats..my fav is the carmel blast..i find them at kroger for $1 each or less if you buy them by the package of 6..Try them i think you will like either..
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do Think Thin bars. They're 200- 240 calories depending on the kind you get and they have 20g of protein in each. :D

I also enjoy Think Thin bars. Not all are 20g protein each, but good selection are. Run just under $2 a bar generally, I can get them from Sam's Club for $1.75/bar (case of 15?) I also like Atkins bars, have to check which ones have high protein.

For premade liquid protein drinks, I go with Ensure High Protein Drink. As long as it's COLD, it really isn't bad. (25g protein). I like to pair it with veggies or fruit for more substance.
  • jennybaber
    jennybaber Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you are located but some of the generic bars are not bad either. Zone is good, so is Balance. I found that Martins has a huge sale right now on most all of the protein bars right now by the way. I'm in the Richmond VA area, Martin's is a chain like Kroger so you may be able to find them I got their brand of protein bars and they compared with your numbers pretty closely.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Questbars and Adkins Advantage. Plenty of protein and high in fiber.
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've only seen one person mention Cliff Bars. I don't use them for meal replacement but as a mid-morn or mid-afternoon snack. Yes, they have more calories but looking at the label, I feel better about the ingredient list than with some others. I also don't have them every day. Costco sells these in bulk and that's the only way I buy them.
  • joelovescarmen
    joelovescarmen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Marathon Protein bars By "Snickers" Chocoiatcy nut burst

21g Protein
    280 Cals
    Very Good!

I eat these with 1.5 cups of skim milk for lunch at work.

1/2 of a bar can be satisfying too.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like Pure Protein bars. All whey protein, 180 calories, 20 grams of protein.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I like the CLIF bars, the coconut chocolate chip ones are good. They remind me of Samoyas girl scout cookies....YUM! You can buy them at Wal Mart. I like the Fiber One bars too....but my husband hates when I eat them! LOL
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Balance Bars, Gold! Each is between 200-210 calories :) and SO yummy!
  • skinnyprettyb
    Options
    Arbonne have fantastic nutrition bars chocolate or fruit flavour. Haven't tried the fruit but the chocolate are delicious and only 170 calories. Quite cheap as well AUD$2.40 each. very high in protein and low in carbs.
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    'Bounce' Protein balls, they have lots of different flavours and are yummmmmy and also 'Protein Sport Pulsin' Maple and pecan bumptious!
  • 1990sophia1990
    1990sophia1990 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I meant YUMptious...not BUMptious...haha