Yo-yo dieter & new 5:2 IFer looking for like-minded friends

Options
Hi there,

So i am one of those ladies that diets a few times a year and then binges and regains in between - at least that is the story of me for the last decade. I am now exactly back to the weight I was this time last year, after having gained and lost, gained and lost about four times in between. BUT I cannot give up. Try again. Fail better....

Last year, I used 4HB and atkins. 4HB turned out to be not for me - the cheat day transpired to be the last thing that should form part of a binge eater's reform process... atkins fared better - I lasted 11 weeks with total compliance before, inexplicably, I started to make a few allowances and before I knew it, I was undone....

I am now back - knowing that basically every method works for as long as my mind is in the right place. The biggest battle is keeping my head straight. While I'm in the motivated zone, the weight comes off, pound by pound on any regime I have tried.

But...there are a few buts...
the major ones are:
- being an 'all or nothing' type, when the wheels come off, I am every bit as bad as i've been good...
- the effort of staying on song tends to result in obsessing about health and diet and tips and the like - it takes up too much headspace (and google time)... which is probably why it becomes unsustainable
- getting through the boredom and 'i dont wanna' gets tougher as times goes on in relation to exercise. Once the initial flush of novelty and motivation has gone, the excuses start to roll in and i'm giving myself a pass one day, then the next...which tends to be the beginning of the end

anyway, I only mention these as they form part of a rinse and repeat pattern that I can see is well-established but I can't seem to avert. I am looking for some 'been there, done that, BEAT IT' folks out there who might have some amazing insight to help me kick this nonsense to the curb once and for all!

This time, I am going to try intermittent fasting - so nothing for between 16-20 hours a day and then eating within calorie limit for between 4-8 hours a day (using 2 days a week at 600 calls and the remaining 5 at about 1600-1800). I will see how this works for a couple of weeks and reassess. I like the idea of being able to put food out of my head altogether for much of the day but I'll have to see how it goes.

Anyone out there think that we could help each other or that has been through something similar, or is giving IF a go, get in touch!

First goal, is to stick to eating window and calorie limit for a full week. Then I will assess on setting other micro goals.