Pedometers/HRM Help

Options
I am interested in purchasing a Pedometer or Heart Rate Monitor. Take note I am not going or planning to even think of buying one more than 10 to 15 dollars. I want a good one with actuall proof that it is acurate I wish I ould get a fitbit my budget is not there right now so I am in need of some ideas of what ones you all have and how you like them. I plan on possibly purchasing mine through ebay or walmart store (through a) So for the people who purchases their's through there I would like your help especially.

Replies

• cassidaymoriarity
    cassidaymoriarity Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am seeing some on ebay that are fitbits, does anyone reccomend looking into those and trying to possibly get one if its a good one? or well seems to be a good one?
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit 1, but bought it retail. Target has one in their flyer this weekend, slightly cheaper version....
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I just want to put it out there, you get what you pay for.

That being said I know you can get super cheap pedometers at wal-mart or similar types of super centers. They will have just steps measured and can easily be less than ten bucks, the only thing about them is even shaking them can make it count steps... I did this as a test when I was working at mcdonalds and was given a cheap one. I don't know about any cheap HRM's though.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Sorry- if you want something accurate- you have to pay for it. A cheap one may be useful for motivation but won't give you the accuracy.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Sorry- if you want something accurate- you have to pay for it. A cheap one may be useful for motivation but won't give you the accuracy. Otherwise, we'd all buy those instead of the more expensive stuff.