Sweet Potatoes

Options
Thesoundofwolf
Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
I have a sack full of baby sized sweet potatoes that need to be used up by the end of this week (AKA: They are growing a bit buddy).

Give me recipes. Perferibly lazy-and-yet-foodie.

No fries please, as I do that enough already with them. Or sweet potato-pie-casserol.

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    i love sweet potato mash!

Mash them up with plain greek yog salt and pepper then add dice a red onion, Feta cheese ( if you dont like it thats cool) and dry mixed herbs!

delish!
  • NikkiC35
    Options
    how about sweet potatoe chips? peel, cut into thin slices, place on baking sheet, drisle oil and salt on them. Bake until crispy about 15-25 minutes. So good and healthy
  • Greenhaven44
    Greenhaven44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    sweet potato and butternut squash thai curry is always good - or make a spicy sweet potato soup - or top a shepherds pie with sweet potato mash instead :-):happy:
  • Mandybean88
    Options
    I love to use sweet potato in curry, and in a sweeter, creamier version of home made chicken stew :)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    roast in the oven on high temp with salt, pepper, rosemary or thyme, olive oli. delicious and easy
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Slow cook cubes sweet potato, butternut squash, tin chickpeas with some nice spices (garam masala, nutmeg, curry...)
    Toss in an onion and/or garlic and fat free greek yoghurt for extra pow
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Brown lean thin 4pork chops (sprinkle w/ salt and pepp) , thinly slice sweet potatoes, 2 fuji apples and a yellow onion. sprinkle w/ cinnamon and cover with lid, cook on low heat for approx 1.5hrs. It all melts together and is delicious. Easiest recipe ever and everyone loves it.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I did a sweet potatoe and carrot soup over the weekend, can give you the recipe if you want.

Also have you thought of doing a fish pie with mashed sweet potato on top?

Hope that helps
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I often make sweet potato pancakes - mashed sweet pots replace some of the flour so they are far more healthy than regular pancakes, and they taste amazing too! http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/6773/sweet-potato-pancakes.aspx