Is This Even Possible?

OpalFruitJam
OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been trying to get past around 9.13 stone for a while now and it just doesn't seem to want to budge. Admittedly I have had one or two off weeks- One week I couldn't get to the gym and another week I just went off the rails basically, but not to a huge amount!
I weighed in on Friday morning (the friday just gone) and was 9.13 stone.
I then went away for the weekend and had a rather good weekend- takeaway and much wine was consumed. However I know that 1lb is equivilent to 3,500 calories and I seriously doubt I went over by this much every day.

I get back yesterday and weigh myself and I was 10.4.
I have not been this heavy for at least a month now. I am so upset. I went to the gym several times last week and ate well- it was just the weekend that was a bit hit and miss. I surely can't have put on 5lb in three days?
I'm gutted.
I'm coming off the Pill at the moment (I don't know if that makes any difference? Any help appreciated thankyou I am totally gutted.

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    You're brain is correct. You can't have consumed that many extra calories, so it must be something else. Water retention from the diruetic effects of the wine? Coming off the pill and your hormone levels being all screwy? You scale is broken (I make this excuse all the time)? If it can't logically have heppened, then it must be something else. don't get too upset. Get back on the wagon and get back to work and get back to making good choices. There's a 9st lady in there, and she wants out...;) Congrats on your work so far...now go get the rest of it!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    It's very possible that the weight gain is caused by excess sodium in your system. Drink LOTS of water and hot lemon water today to flush all of that out of your body and weigh yourself again tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up - pick yourself up and get back at it!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    nope that's not possible! What IS possible is that your water weight is fluxuating because you're coming off the pill AND you may have had some salty food in your fun weekend away (I know I had LOTS of salty food on my bad weekend!).

Give it a week or so and you will suddenly drop 1.5 stone as that water comes off!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    I would say get back on your routine - watch your sodium intake for the next couple of days and drink a ton of water. While you probably didn't gain 5 lbs of fat - you may have 5 lbs of "waste" in your body at the moment. Don't let it derail you....
  • OpalFruitJam
    Thanks for the responses! My eyes almost popped out of my head when I got on the scale!
    I have three weeks until the end of term and will be very strict on myself until then- hopefully the water weight/bloating will pop off once I stop drinking and start eating well again.

I would've had to have eaten 17,500 cals to put on a permanent 5lbs :P oh if only- ha I do miss pizza and cheeseburgers!
    Thanks so much for the replys- I was just concerned as it seemed a lot to put on in three days!
  • OpalFruitJam
    Just a quick update- I was 10.3 last night, this morning I wake up and weigh first thing- I am back down to 9.13.
    Hopefully it will stay there for now! Will be watching my weight very closely the next few days however.!
This discussion has been closed.