I've stopped trying to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    "Instead, I'm the kind of guy who works out every day. I'm the guy who takes care of his body. I'm an athlete. I don't do it very well at this point, but that's who I am now, and I won't stop until I reach my goal. "

Awesome perspective switch. I never thought of looking at it quite like that before, but you're right :) You are an athlete, you are training your body and eating better. Good for you!!
  • Skratchie
    Skratchie Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like it.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    VERY WELL PUT. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY. I'M SURE WITH YOUR FAITH AND STRENGTH YOU'LL DO FINE~
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like it!
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!! What a great mindset to be in :)
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's pretty cool how motivated I feel. It kind of feels like I'm pulling myself up to where I already am mentally instead of trying to push myself into unknown territory. If that makes sense.

Had another great day of CardioX.
  • libbyskolnik
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Love this attitude! This is how I approach my goals as well. I want to be fit; loosing weight was just a nice side effect, but my ultimate goal is to be as fit and healthy as I can be.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to see this post. I came to a similar conclusion about 5 months ago. I decided that I would put my HEALTH first. I'm going to eat to be healthy. I'm going to lift weights to be healthy. I stopped letting the scales define me. I weigh about every 10 weeks. I feel awesome. It's going to take a while - but I plan to be here a while!

Congratulations on your new attitude and your success!! Go you!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Good post. Good luck with your fitness goals.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Sometimes a change of perspective is all you need to fuel your motivation. Good luck!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Good to hear. The ones that win and keep the weight off are the ones that realize weight isn't everything.
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Today I went and did some grocery shopping. The parking lot was packed and it was a drizzly day. I parked in the back instead of circling around a hundred times like I normally would.

Then I sprinted to the entrance of the store and wasn't winded! Woohoo!

This is really working!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I just finished three weeks of P90X!!
  • CovaJoser
    Options
    Awesome perspective! I believe it's truly the only way to be happy while losing weight. It's so boring and very unmotivational when you're so focused on your weight number. You can put in twice as much effort into working out or eating better but the scale shows you no gains ( or lack thereof). People only focus on the negative and forget all other accomplishments, however small they may be. If people would focus on overall fitness instead of a single number there would many that would lose weight easier and be much happier!

Remember that just because the scale doesn't budge from that number you hate, you might have lost inches from parts of your body, or maybe you can now run a full miles without stopping.

I remember I used to get so unmotivated because all the effort I put into not going over my calorie limit did nothing at the end of the week. Then I'd binge on some pizza and beer. It wasn't until I started measuring body parts an keeping a log that I finally started to see my hard work paying off. I love seeing improvements elsewhere, not just my weight. It was then I had decided that my goal in life was to be fit. It doesn't matter what I weigh anymore. Losing weight is only a small part of being fit. I lose body fat, I get stronger, I have more endurance and I just feel great about myself.

Here's to you and everyone being fit and realizing all your goals in life!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I remember I used to get so unmotivated because all the effort I put into not going over my calorie limit did nothing at the end of the week. Then I'd binge on some pizza and beer. It wasn't until I started measuring body parts an keeping a log that I finally started to see my hard work paying off. I love seeing improvements elsewhere, not just my weight. It was then I had decided that my goal in life was to be fit. It doesn't matter what I weigh anymore. Losing weight is only a small part of being fit. I lose body fat, I get stronger, I have more endurance and I just feel great about myself.

This is awesome! This is it! Thanks for sharing
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Just wanted to let you all know.

I JUST FINISHED PHASE 1 OF P90X!!! WOO HOO!!!