Exercise Inspiration/Motivation

Options
Hi Guys,

Have got to do more exercise, but I HATE the gym and prefer going to classes or exercising outside.
I need some inspiration.

Besides jogging what exercises do you recommend?
Any success stories of exercising outside of the gym?

P.s. I don't wanna spend a lot of money exercising

Thanks xx

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    If you have internet there are all kinds of free programs. Even on Youtube. Or your local library. You may need to invest in some free weights.

Not much advice but hopefully it will get you started and if nothing else bump this post so someone else sees it!
  • miss_alias
    Options
    Do you have any hiking trails near where you live?
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I love Slim in 6 by beachbody.com. Start It Up has a 20 minute program to get you used to this type of workout. I am now doing Ramp It Up. It is a 40 minute program using resistance bands. I can see a difference after using it for a few weeks. I don't get tired of it either. You may be able to find it on Craig's list or ebay. Good luck!
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a trail by my house that is 2 miles long. I like to roller skate (yes, I mean roller skate not roller blade) a few laps. A couple of years ago I was really successful losing weight and I was doing 10 miles about 3 times a week.
  • mattdef11
    Options
    Hi there, firstly congrats on the weight loss so far!! 24 lb is great!

On the exercise front - well can I ask a couple of questions - are you doing the exercises just to lose weight or are you working towards some form of fitness? I am assuming just to lose weight, in which case the best way to get thru the exercises, whether at the gym or outside is to break it up. For example, if you run for 5 mins, 3 times, you use the same calories as one 15min run - so by breaking it up you can do it in easier chunks (in terms of motivation).

Of course, it doesn't have to be running - in the gym I find time on the cross trainer seems to go quicker than when I am running (even though I love running!)....running in the gym is just not so good (compared to when I run outside - I can run for an hour and never get bored!)....so if you can run ok....it's free and you can break it down into small efforts :-)