weekend madness

Options
boy was i bad over the weekend. i normally have a hard time on weekends and so i allow myself to eat up to my maintenance calories, but i didn't even count this weekend. i don't know what happened or why i lost my cool. now i have the "f it" attitude and i need someone to slap my face and dunk me in a cold tub of water or something. what the hell is wrong with me? i have to lose this weight. i can't give up. but i feel like i might. i am having serious inner turmoil. please help.

Replies

• teri00
    teri00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday, didn't count my calories or workout. I know I went way overboard. I almost didn't workout this morning either, But I pushed myself out of bed and went to the gym. So don't give up we all have our set backs. Just keep on going and don't look back. GOOD LUCK..
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I feel the same :(
  • sechmanojo
    sechmanojo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Keep on going. It is One day at a time. You need to make the choice every day to decide to work out and eat healthy! Look how far you've come. 14 lbs! Good for you! Really...remember that you WILL get there and you will log your food and you WILL work out! Today is a new day. Start today and be really careful this week and tell yourself that just one weekend you are going to do good and track your food. See how it goes. Go you!
  • KrisMiller1965
    Options
    OK, this might not help you, but misery does love company...

I had the same problem this weekend. I have been so good since the New Year and the weight has been falling off. Then on Saturday night I was a little bad (made a special trip to Dunkin Donuts at 10 pm and ate TWO donuts and coffee with cream), and then Sunday I went INSANELY crazy and ate everything in sight. I can only guess (and hope) that it's just hormonal. It didn't help that I felt like eating like crazy again when I woke up this morning, but today is my weigh in and I gained 3 pounds this week (after being good for 5 whole days and bad for the last 2)!! That was a hard pill to swallow.

Today is a new day and I have to shake it off and push forward, knowing there is nothing I can do to change yesterday, but I can absolutely make today a better day.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GIVE UP! I have had SO many weekends like this, since I started in January!! You can do it!! You've been doing GREAT so far, think of how much TIME and EFFORT you have put into this journey so far!! One weekend is not going to make or break you, hun! :flowerforyou: We are all in this together, to support each other and keep each other motivated! Think of how you're going to feel buying those new clothes in the end, of how you're going to look and how proud of yourself you're going to be when you hit your goal!! You can do this!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Today is a new day, the start of a new week, beginning of a NEW YOU!