Can never make my protien..Suggestions?

Options
I can never make my protien no matter how much meat I eat. I dont want to feel like everything I eat is meat I wish it was easier to make protien. I need low cal high protein Ideas. And if there are recipes to make your own protein stuff please share! Thank you all for your help

Replies

• muhl85
    muhl85 Posts: 17
    Options
    Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, fruit smoothies with protein powder. Veggies like broccoli and spinach might surprise you with their protein content!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I can never make my protien no matter how much meat I eat. I dont want to feel like everything I eat is meat I wish it was easier to make protien. I need low cal high protein Ideas. And if there are recipes to make your own protein stuff please share! Thank you all for your help

Eat more meat ... I struggle to stay under my protein ... are you actually weighing your food ??

Low cal high protein is chicken ... or the obvious greek yogurt , talapia is also high protein low calories .. like 110 cal for 22G of protein.
  • CrimsonStain
    CrimsonStain Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You should watch movie "forks over knives" & it will scare you away from meat. There are plenty of people who don't eat meat yet get their full supply in protein. I would suggest beans (beware of the toot though). Here is a website from the "forks over knives" website that gives recipes without including meat....http://www.forksoverknives.com/category/recipes/ Nuts, such as almonds are high in protein also.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I started buying protein powder exactly for this reason. :)
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, light string cheese, eggs, tuna, chicken, beef, any kind of fish or seafood.
    High protein cereals (Kashi for example) and protein powder.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you trying to get in?
    whey protein powder is a good idea if you are having troubles. I agree with the other suggestions....fish, chicken, beef, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Eat more meat ... I struggle to stay under my protein ... are you actually weighing your food ??

Low cal high protein is chicken ... or the obvious greek yogurt , talapia is also high protein low calories .. like 110 cal for 22G of protein.

This. You don't have your diary open and you didn't mention what your protein goal or calorie goal is so it's pretty hard to analyze but these are good suggestions. Just increase servings of meat that you eat at each meal. It should be easy to hit a reasonable protein goal but if you provide the details it might shed some light. Protein supplements can be good if you're trying to hit a really big number.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You should watch movie "forks over knives" & it will scare you away from meat. There are plenty of people who don't eat meat yet get their full supply in protein. I would suggest beans (beware of the toot though). Here is a website from the "forks over knives" website that gives recipes without including meat....http://www.forksoverknives.com/category/recipes/ Nuts, such as almonds are high in protein also.

I watched it, it's a documentary with an agenda. It didn't scare me away from anything. Having said that, your suggestions are pretty bad. Beans are mostly carbs (around 75%) and nuts are mostly fat (again, around 75%). Poor choices of protein for sure. Meat, fish and dairy are excellent choices on the other hand assuming you don't have some sort of moral objection.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat. I get lots of protein from cereals, beans, yogurt, cheese, green veggies, and vegetarian meats (I like Morningstar Farm's sausage patties.) Sometimes I sway & have tuna or eggs. All good healthy sources of protein! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

I watched it, it's a documentary with an agenda. It didn't scare me away from anything. Having said that, your suggestions are pretty bad. Beans are mostly carbs (around 75%) and nuts are mostly fat (again, around 75%). Poor choices of protein for sure. Meat, fish and dairy are excellent choices on the other hand assuming you don't have some sort of moral objection.

Also, legumes are not complete proteins...they need to be eaten with a complete protein to complete the chain. But I do like legumes.