Keurig Coffee

Options
Does anyone know if the flavored Keurig coffees have a significant amount of calories in them? I love the hazelnut, caramel and French vanilla flavors (yum sweet coffee) and while the caramel has a nutrition label on the box, the other two don't so I'm not sure how to log it. I've poked around the webs and haven't found anything so I was wondering if you all knew/what you do.

Replies

• sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    As long as it's just coffee and not a cappucino or something, it shouldn't have any more cals than regular coffee.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I drink extra bold donut shop k-cups by coffee people and it has 5 calories in 1 k-cup serving now I add to scoop of pure cane sugar (15 calories x 2) and 2 tbsp of International Delight Hershey chocolate and caramel creamer (45 calories x 2) so I got roughly 125 calories in my morning travel mug. I know certain kcups have far more calories but those are the specialty ones. The just coffee ones have very minimal calories... Best of Luck
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    I drink extra bold donut shop k-cups by coffee people and it has 5 calories in 1 k-cup serving now I add to scoop of pure cane sugar (15 calories x 2) and 2 tbsp of International Delight Hershey chocolate and caramel creamer (45 calories x 2) so I got roughly 125 calories in my morning travel mug. I know certain kcups have far more calories but those are the specialty ones. The just coffee ones have very minimal calories... Best of Luck

Your description is making me want to fire up my Keurig right now!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

LOLZ that is so funny cause right after I type that.... I went and made me a travel mug!!!! and I still got room for some Chocolate Pudding at bedtime..... I love chocolate induced comas!! :drinker:
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I think I'll just count them as 5cals unless there's a nutrition label on the box that says otherwise like the caramel ones (60cals). :) I just got my Keurig today and am having fun with it now.
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The brand Cafe Escapes makes flavored coffee k-packs that are already sweetened and with cream. Those have around 60 cals each. Otherwise I think all other flavored coffee K-cups are just plain coffee with flavors. No sugar or cream, just 5 cals. It's a nice treat that's guilt-free. I love mine with a bit of stevia and splash of milk. Enjoy your Keurig, it's the best purchase I made in 2012. Love my coffee!!
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Did you use the MFP database? I looked on here and they have several listed. Just type it in.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options

LOLZ that is so funny cause right after I type that.... I went and made me a travel mug!!!! and I still got room for some Chocolate Pudding at bedtime..... I love chocolate induced comas!! :drinker:

Mmm...coffee and chocolate! Doesn't get much better than that!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If they don't have a nutrition label they usually are around 4 calories. The ones w/the big calories will have the label (Chai Latte for example).

Love my Keurig!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    A lot of these are already in the database.
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    A lot of these are already in the database.

yea, I saw that there were a bunch in the database... but they taste so good I thought they had to be wrong! lol. and I've found other items in the database that were wrong (don't ask me what 'cause I don't remember) so I figured these could be wrong too.