Aquatic aerobics saved me!

If you suffer from a chronic disease or condition that limits your ability to participate in traditional exercise activities, you need to try aquatic aerobics. I have rheumatoid arthritis and so am unable to participate in any impact exercising. I can, however, do almost anything in he water! I can't run, jump, or do impact sports on land, but I CAN do them all in the water! It is amazing. the resistancy of the water provides an awesome workout without putting excessive strain on joints, etc. I can get a great workout using my own body with the water resistancy and I can also use elastic bands and water weights for strength training. I must add that I have excellent instructors who are aware of all our individual needs. I have learned so much that I am able to exercise alone, but would much rather have fun with an instructor and group.
My husband is so supportive. He is such a positive influence in my life. He is excited about my aquatic aerobics and the way it makes me feel.
So, if you have any condition that results in excessive pain or joint damage, try it!