Advice from Yahoo!

Options
I just read this in an article about not making yourself look older on Yahoo!

"No, you shouldn't stop exercising. But overworking large muscles, such as the triceps, quads and biceps, can cause sagging in the long run, says celebrity fitness instructor Tracy Anderson.
“As connective tissues loosen with age, an overworked aging muscle produces an undesirable skin tone,” she explains.
Focus on accessory muscles around the larger thigh and belly muscles, which can give you a more balanced look. For each group of muscles, use weights under three pounds each and do more reps, Anderson adds."

I've only recently been hearing lifting heavy was good for women , now it's bad again? Your thoughts?

Replies

• EdwarddeVere
    Options
    Eat healthy and exercise regularly

Sorted
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Damn that made me laugh and I read laughing causes wrinkles.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    deja vu
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Lots of commentary about Tracy Anderson's BS advice in this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/852594-heavy-lifting-leads-to-sagging
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy is good, it won't make you a body builder unless you take the extra steps to do so. Women are not designed to bulk up like men are. So if you wanted to "bulk" you would have to eat accordingly too.

Lift weights for the rest of your life and I'm sure you won't have to worry too much about it. Also, do focus on the smaller muscles too, it helps support joints and other parts that need a little extra support (back, knees, ankles). Also, cardio and eating right. Moisturize and sunscreen. Simple easy effective.