Goals and rewards

Options
I've made a change in tactics as suggested by a good friend. I'm looking only at smaller goals of 25 pounds at a time. Much easier that staring at the 200 pound mountain. The goals are easy, the rewards are not. What type of short term goal rewards to others have?

Replies

• mjwarford
    mjwarford Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A massage, new workout gear, you could always schedule yourself a mani/pedi:)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Since it seems you're a guy, I guess shopping for a new outfit is not so rewarding. How about this. Get a jar and label it with a goal number. For every pound you lose, put $2 or $5 in the jar, depending on your financial ability. Once you reach your goal of, say, 25 pounds, you'll have $50 or $125 in the jar to do whatever you wish (except pig out!!). While you are losing, you can be thinking of things you'd like to do or to buy!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Good idea breaking it up into smaller goals. I'm going to shamelessly plug a thread I wrote about goal setting for you to have a look at :tongue:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/842442-smart-goal-setting?hl=SMART+goal+setting#posts-12646004

The moral of the story, focus more on the things YOU have control over. You cant say how quickly the weight will fall off, but you can control your actions that will determine whether you are successful or not.

Best of luck!