not sure if it's worth the trouble

Options
Hi

I've strated the weight loss seriously 3.Jan. MFP gave me 1370 cal, but because my BMR is 1700, I've been eating up to 1500. From day 3 my weight was stuck on exactly the same number until today, day 13 when it went up. Not by much at all, only 0.2kg, but I feel cheated somehow. I've been very good at writing food down, even exersing a bit most days...
So what do I do wrong? I surely don't eat too much, as I don't even need my BMR calories. Do I eat too little and my body is not letting go of anything?
What should I do before I gave up? Thanks

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't confusing BMR with TDEE? It's easy enough to do (I've seen at least one online calculator that advertises itself as a BMR calculator, but you look closer and it's really TDEE).

Just a thought based on the fact that my TDEE minus exercise is 1700.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    When I first started the hardest thing was making sure you weigh / measure EVERYTHING - make sure you understand portion sizes.....to this day I still read labels - some of the information on portion sizes are very confusing.

A good kitchen scale and measuring cups, spoons etc is critical. One example - a guy at my work was logging his daily cuppacino as 250ml - this morning I poured it into a measuring cup for him - 430ml was what he was actually drinking (3 times a day!!)

Good luck - and keep on doing it till you figure it out - it does work once you get into the rythm.....

Also beware of over estimating your exercise calories - a good HRM is a really good investment
  • takad
    takad Posts: 6
    Options
    No, I'm really carefull, always weigh everything and if I don't know how much calories it has (for example if I didn't cook it), I don't eat it.
    All morning I keep thinking if I should eat less or more calories to "fix" it... Oh well..... :-)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've strated the weight loss seriously 3.Jan. MFP gave me 1370 cal, but because my BMR is 1700, I've been eating up to 1500. From day 3 my weight was stuck on exactly the same number until today, day 13 when it went up. Not by much at all, only 0.2kg, but I feel cheated somehow. I've been very good at writing food down, even exersing a bit most days...
    So what do I do wrong? I surely don't eat too much, as I don't even need my BMR calories. Do I eat too little and my body is not letting go of anything?
    What should I do before I gave up? Thanks

first, double check and make sure that 1700 is your BMR. if that is the number, don't ever eat less than 1700 calories ever.

the BMR is the bare minimum of calories you should be eating.