How many calories in a Herbalife shake?

Options
Does anyone know how many calories there are in a Herbalife shake?

I've heard 98 calories and 220 calories....not sure which is correct.

I've been thinking about doing a Herbalife diet, but if the shakes are 220 calories then this is pretty much the same as a Slimfast shake...which is cheaper.

Replies

• Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There is 90 calories in a Herbalife shake. Depending on what you add as a liquid (I add skim milk, which gives me 180 calories)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Or just eat real food and learn how to live. I have a yogurt and 2 eggs for breakfast most days for 170 calories. Why waste money on a shake?
  • monkeyfinch
    monkeyfinch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All diet shakes and meal replacement bars have similar amounts of calories so you need to decide whether you need that kind of regimental structure in you diet. Bear in mind that as soon as you start eating 'normal' foods you are likely to regain some of the weight you lose on these meal replacement plans unless you have sensible, healthy, (very) low calorie meals. So as the previous post says, you might be better off just looking at low calorie meals in the first place and getting in to good habits. I started on the tesco version of slim fast (ultra slim) and was shocked at how many calories are in a meal replacement bar. Obviouly I know that you have to eat a certain number of calories to survive but it feels like you're not getting very much for your calories with these (although I'm surviving so far without feeling too hungry).
    Once I finish the stuff I've got I'll definitely be moving on to low calorie (mainly home made/assembled) food alternatives. For example you can have a four egg white omelette, with tomato and onion for around 200 cals which is less than a meal replacement shake or bar. Sainsbury's also do chilled soups that are really filling. The Hungarian beef goulash is only 201 cals and the chicken arrabiatta is around 230. Much more satisfying than a shake I'm sure you will agree. Although I suppose it can't hurt to have the meal replacement stuff on hand for emergencies.