Greetings Everyone~I'm new

Options
I'm really excited to get started, If anyone has any tips or anything that would help me it would be greatly appreciated.:smile:

Replies

• TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Hi Joni, glad you can join us. Tips abound here, just read through the forums. Just start out logging you food and exercise, and post any questions or concerns you have. You will find everyone here very supportive, and there is alot of great advice.

Wish you luck on reaching your goals!
  • chefcc
    chefcc Posts: 143
    Options
    Hey Joni,

Welcome to MFP. You should be able to find everything you need on this website to get you started on losing weight. Use your food diary for sure. I log my meals soon after eating so I don't forget anything. It has helped me tremendously. So far, I have lost 6 lbs since signing on in February. You will find that everyone on the site is eager to help with any questions or concerns you may have. There are a lot of good websites for healthy eating, just google healthy recipes and you will find a ton of them. Good luck on your journey and I'll be glad to help in any way I can.:smile:

Chris
  • Suttice
    Suttice Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been SERIOUSLY dieting and exercising since January 2010. I say SERIOUSLY because this site allows me the opportunity to observe ALL of my eatting habits. I've always been a fierce competitor regarding sports and staying active, but I've somewhat dropped the ball regarding a proper diet. It's really cool! I think it has finally become a "way of life" for me. I seem to have a clear and concise knowledge of what I can and cannot consume. Overall, I feel and look great! I've completely lost the "middle-aged man doughnut" around my waist and replaced it with ripped muscle. My goal is to get my Marine Corps form again. Ya know, like a work of art (smile). I'm on my way. I should reach the goal of 190 lbs (started at 220 lbs) by May 2010. Summertime!!!!