Define moving......

Options
Hi, I've been doing really well with logging my food and actually "moving" for several days during these past two weeks. When I say "Moving" I mean is I've been doing 30 minutes on the treadmill, warm up, walking faster, intervals of jogging and then cool down. My jogging time has increased but now I'm starting to feel it in my shins. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to help this while I'm on the treadmill. It's really painful but need advice on how to work through it. I used to run before but obviously at a lighter weight so I've not experienced this before and I don't want to give up. I'm weak and I know it; I will use any excuse possible.

Replies

• mich000
    mich000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    shin pain is normal at the first time.
    dizziness when you get back the floor is usual too.
    Soon you'll improve.
    Most important: don't give up.
    ;-)
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ya know, I have always get shin splints when I run, especially outside...so all I do is walk...if I ever get into running who knows, but the walking is doing it for me...so since I'm relatively new, I just concentrate on small leg and arm workouts and continue with healthy eating...keep it up and if you're in pain maybe your pushing to hard...