Do you reach your calorie goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Uhm. This is a male, not a 5'0 woman. I think 1,200 is definitely way too low, since he is not obese, he is within 16 pounds of his goal.

Correct. And I'm in no hurry to lose the last 16 pounds. Just trying to learn as much as I can. Like I said, is there really a benifit to eating 1400 rather than 1200? Asuming I'm not going hungary or feeling any ill effects.

Set your profile to lose 1/2 pound per week. Now how many calories does it tell you to eat?
  • RonandDi
    RonandDi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    2080, not counting exercise.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    There you go. You can easily eat a lot more than 1200-1400 and still lose weight.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's not starvation mode you have to worry about, considering to takes 3 days to even see signs of metabolic slow down, it's depletion of lean body mass that is worrisome. The more muscle you lose, the more weight you will need to lose to meet you imagine goals. Additionally, the less muscle you have, the slower your metabolism, the less support for your joints and body frame and etc... You don't want to lose muscle, you want to lose fat. Unfortunately, you probably have already lose a good amount of muscle since you had little to lose.

Whats your exercise routine?
  • RonandDi
    RonandDi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    half hour on the treadmill (5min walk, 20 min jog, 5 min walk) thena about 10 min of light resistance band work with some push ups 5 days a week. I'm not saying that I'm NOT burning muscle, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Everything is getting easier.
  • janemcd67
    janemcd67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I am up and down around the goal. But I blew it over xmas. And I gained weight. Will there be a big banner saying

"HEY EVERYONE, THIS ONE GAINED 6lb OVER HOLIDAYS"
    ??

Back on the straight and narrow and I got rid of 3 of those suckers again.