Fitbit One, Fitbit Zip or wait for Fitbit Flex

Options
I want a Fitbit and am trying to figure out what I want.

For anyone who has a Fitbit One -- is the sleep feature of any value to you?

If you have a Fitbit Zip -- do you reqret not getting the fancier One (or Ultra)? What features do you miss, if any?

Does anyone think its worth waiting for the bracelet? On the one hand I think that it is an announcement of "Hey, I am on a diet" on the other, I imagine it is easier not to forget....

Replies

• NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the Flex to come out. I got a good HRM to use until then. Personally I think the Flex looks less obtrusive than the clip on ones, and I think it would be more comfortable and easier to wear.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me a One for Christmas and I love it. It clips to my bra every day so I don't really feel it or know it's there. I find the sleep tracker really interesting. I like being able to see how I'm sleeping at night.
  • stinabeastie
    stinabeastie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've ordered a Fitbit One and I'm just waiting for it to be delivered. I preferred the One over the Zip because I feel like the Zip is too plain-looking to motivate me. It's just not as fancy, and therefore not as fun. I also didn't want the Flex because bracelets can get really sweaty, and if you're a typical office worker, they can be abrading on your wrists if you write or type on the computer all day.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to clip it to a bra -- hmmm, I like that
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Ulta and I love it. If I had to replace it, I would get the One. The other two can't track sleep (which is nifty), but, more importantly, they don't track stairs, which is a big one for me and not worth the trade off. The Flex also doesn't appear to show the info until you are able to sync it and view the site, which is totally not cool.
  • dianatpham
    dianatpham Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I currently have the Fitbit Ultra, and its starting to crack near the top. Mind you, I never wear it in my bra or anything. That being said, I don't really use the sleep functionality. After about a week... I realized I pretty much sleep through the night and wake up a maximum of 3 times. Though I do like the colors the Zip comes in, it doesn't track stairs. Also I wouldnt want to wear anything on my wrist, so that rules out the Flex. I'd probably go with the One to replace.. when my Ultra dies.
  • beckie32536
    beckie32536 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't use the sleep tracker very much as I'm not convinved that it is very accurate. Last night I took an ambien to make sure that I got at least one good night of sleep this week. I slept great and I only woke up once to go to the bathroom. BUT, the fitbit said my sleep efficiency was 63% and that I only got a total of 5 hrs of sleep (I went to be ~9pm and got up at 5:30am). This doesn't quite add up to me.

But, I love everything else about my Ultra and will replace it with a One when the time comes.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I'm loving the One....got it for Christmas. The flex looks cheap to me and there isn't immediate gratification with the exception of the lights. With the One I can press the button for steps, miles, flights of stairs, etc...
  • Luckydrd
    Luckydrd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Last week, I purchased the Jawbone Up. I type most of the day and my wrist was banging on the desk or keyboard counting it as steps. So, I took it back and purchased the Fitbit One.

Love it!

Now, the Fitbit Flex may be better but I can't imagine wearing it 24/7 on the wrist. Doesnt it get dirty?
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i currently have the ultra and i really like it. i wear it every single day and cant wait to sync it at night. ill be getting the flex when it comes out and i like that it will sync with my phone automatically so i wont have to wait until the nighttime to see my stats.
  • dianatpham
    dianatpham Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    An update to my FitBit Ultra. I started noticing it was cracking a little on the side. Since I purchased it June of 2012, I decided to email the company, since it has a 1 year manufacturers warranty. I'm happy to say they're shipping me out a new FitBit One, since they no longer carry the Ultra, and I'm excited to see how it measures up against the old one. Stellar customer service!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I just bought the One, and I really like it. From my perspective it's less obtrusive than I'd imagine the Flex would be. It is seriously tiny, clips to my belt, and I forget it's there.

The sleep tracking is cool, but a bit gimmicky really, there's not much I can use the data for other than to look at it and say "oooh, I woke up 13 times last night, apparently" and then forget about it. The silent alarm is cool for not waking SO. Back to how unobtrusive it it, they give you a wrist band for sleeping, but I still clip it to my PJ pants and don't notice it while I sleep.

From what little I've read, they've opted to leave out the altimeter from the Fitbit Flex, so if counting stairs separately from steps is important to you, that could be a reason to not wait for the Flex.

I've not used the zip at all. But it doesn't do stairs, and it doesn't do sleep. I don't know if it tracks steps better or worse than the One. And it's a bit bigger from what I can tell, but then again the One looked much bigger in pictures than it actually is.

The One has a better design in my opinion, and looks less like a kid's Tamagotchi (oh remember the 90s...).

If it were me, I'd get the One and not wait for the Flex (which is exactly what I did).
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for the Flex to ship, wish it would ship already! Just think I am more likely to wear the flex around all day.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One. I had the Ultra, but I wanted one that would sync with my phone - but I might have waited for the Flex if I'd known they were coming out with them. But I like that I can wear it on my bra, and it isn't as "noticeable" as the wristband.

I've tracked my sleep since I had the Ultra, and really like the data from it.

I gave the Ultra to a co-worker, and she loves it, but is considering the Flex so it'll sync with her phone and the Ultra is showing it's age.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    This thread is really helpful, I'm thinking of a fitbit, too. On there site they say you can sync it to your phone. Does anyone do this and if so, what do you think of it? How does that all tie in with the site here at MFP?
  • juxtapose
    juxtapose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had the fitbit utlra for 11 months (not the One, the original version right before it). I have clipped it to my bra everyday, and have only missed 2 days this whole time. It's the most convenient because it is small and hides well. You'll probably get sick of wearing a bracelet everyday.

I first had the bodymedia armband and didnt like that it was so noticeable through all my clothes.

I don't use the sleep function, it's too hard to remember to hit the button right before i sleep and right when i wake up.

When and if the fitbit ultra ever breaks, i'm immeditately buying the fitbit One.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra - the sleep feature is interesting, but I don't know that it is actually useful.

I think the flex is ugly.
  • missfoobi
    missfoobi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm using my friend's olf fitbit ultra & I love it! I have been tracking my sleep but I don't feel that data does anything for me & also I have been holding off to purchase the new flex but it sounds like it might be a bad idea? I'm not sure on how I feel about the flex not being able to track stairs. I also can't decide if wearing it everyday will bother me.....do a lot of you track your stairs? I mostly use the fitbit to track only my steps & don't really see the need to track my stairs climbed.....

HELP ME DECIDE! LOL