angry with myself

Options
I reached my 145 pound goal around last June. I've been up and down with my weight over the years, but told myself that this time the weight loss would be forever.

By December, I was up to 155.

I'm so disappointed in myself. I wasn't serious about tracking all my calories while I was trying to maintain and this is what happened. I've started seriously tracking my calories again about a week ago (can't tell if I've lost just yet due to my period due any day now...)

I also haven't been to the gym in about a month. I recently switched gyms to one much closer to my job and plan on getting back on track.

I'd love to hear from other people who have hit goal and then gained some back...need some encouragement :/

Replies

• MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    That would be me *sigh*. I was so strict with myself last year right up until mid July. I had lost 36 pounds at that point, but slacking off, parties, holidays, etc. have taken their toll! Im up about 15lbs but am ready to get my butt back in gear and get it off for good!! Good luck. We got this :flowerforyou:
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think we have all been there. The important thing now is to figure out a way to make your diet a "life change" and not a diet, so it will be sustainable in the long run. After gaining my weight back 3 times that's what I am doing. I'm completely changing the way I think about food and my body. I know you can do it too.
  • Kmacavery
    Kmacavery Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hear you!! I worked SO hard last year to lost almost 20 lbs and I've gained almost all of it back in what seems like no time. I'm so frustrated.
  • jrhodo
    jrhodo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! It's great that you recognized the 10lb gain and came back before it was 30 lbs!!! Welcome to life.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! I think the holidays messed a lot of people up! At least you are here and are getting back on track. I didn't gain any weight, but my body fat increases which put me in the "obese" category (even though weight wise I'm not obese). That has me more upset because it effects how my clothes look on me. Anyways, I just suggest starting a routine...give yourself something to aim for...focus on short term goals. I'm doing the C25K for the second time (hopefully a 10k after), used freetrainers.com to help set up a workout plan, and joined a challenge on here to help keep me accountable. All seem to be doing well and I feel extremely motivated. Good luck! You CAN do this and the weight you gained will come off quickly with some hard work and determination. Great job on reaching your goal. I'm still 8 pounds away!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I had been down to 135 pounds before years ago. By this last november, I had ballooned up to 210 pounds. I have lost 10 pounds since, but I had been in the same boat :)

I am serious now and am making a lifestyle change because I know I can do this and keep it off.

Good luck to you in your goals, I know you can do it!!

Good luck to everyone!
  • adriennepaolini
    Options
    First stop kicking your own butt about it. It is done no use getting your self up in a tissy. You where strong enough to get there before and you will again. (btw nothing is forever) Weight will fluctuate do to stress, periods, and the such. Just put your nose back on that grind stone I haven't gotten very far this time but have in the past this time the last thing I do before bed is my best to log everything I forgot during the day.

You Can do it!
    :flowerforyou:
  • rodeogal1985
    Options
    Just be glad you caught yourself after only a 10 pound gain! Get back on the wagon, you can do it!
  • kiml77
    kiml77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are not alone... I started at 149... lost 12 lbs...gained 9 lbs back. It's so hard not to beat myself up about it but that's counterproductive. When you fall (which we all will) just be determined to pick yourself up and fight harder. ;)
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I so know what you are talking about, I get so mad at myself when I fall off track, I did so well for almost 2yrs with a 30lb wt loss, and a goal of 10 more to lose, only to let myself go and gain 18 lb back, the last 4 mo. now Im back and more motovated than ever, to never let this happen again, I just wish I knew why I let this happen, I wish you luck....keep trying, and if you need a support friend Im in!!!
  • bluecrush1203
    bluecrush1203 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Been there. I lost 40lbs a few years ago and even though had a goal of losing 10-15 more, I ended up gaining 10 back last year. The summer killed me with wedding buffets, bbqs and beers at the beach. I also wasn't really tracking on the weekends so even if I lost during the week, I was being counter productive on the weekends. But on January 1st I started getting serious, tracking EVERYTHING again and added an extra day or two to my workout routine. I weighed in today and am already down 5.5lbs! So if you look at it like you ONLY gained 10lbs, I'm sure you can bounce back in just a few weeks. Good luck!