Bariatric Surgery Program

Options
I am currently on the waitlist for the Bariatric Surgery Program. I have completed my orientation, today I began my two week clinical trial of full fluid diet. It has taken me a long time ot wrap my head around having this surgery, I finally am ready. I am taking the steps to ensure that I have a longer healthier life. I am posting this topic in hopes to find people who have had the surgery or are contemplating....I know I will need alot of support along the way....maybe I can help you too!!! :o)

Replies

• Mystismom
    Options
    Hi! I had this surgery in May 2010.I also spent a lot of time contemplating it.It has made such a difference in my life! I was 391 pounds when I had the surgery and currently weigh 269. Due mostly to un -related medical problems, my progress has been slowed. I am now back on track and looking forward to losing m ore weight. In addition to the weight loss itself, my life is so much better now! I have so much more energy and confidence than before.I am more active not just physically but socially as well.I would be happy to help you along your journey and have your support as well.Feel free to add me as a friend.CONGRATS on your decision!
    Linda :smile:
  • SherleeTxn
    SherleeTxn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello. I had RNY Gastric Bypass in August 2012. Everything went well with the surgery. I started on MFP almost a year prior to the surgery while I was meeting all the requirements. During that time, I lost 72 pounds. Post surgery, I have lost 88 pounds for a total of 160 pounds. I will tell you that this is a drastic step, everyone responds differently. I have had issues and I will talk with you privately if you want - not to scare you, but just so you have information. Good luck!
  • sheilapie
    sheilapie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hi, i had rny on october first, 2012.. just 4 months ago.. i am so glad i did it, although eating will never be the same again!! definitely add me as a friend, and we can chat. best decision i ever made!
  • kathydraperfitness
    kathydraperfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Had RNY 2-6-98! It hasn't always been a smooth journey. I had a regain of 50 lb about 3 years out but I am currrently down 130 lb and celebrating the 15 year anniversary in a few weeks!!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i have already gone through the testing & waiting for approval from insurance. this has been the longest journey i have ever taken on. it has been an 8 month process for me but due to a back injury i went through steroid injections in my spine for 14 yrs. the steroids threw me into diabetes. so i am having gastric bypass hopefully in a few weeks or so. so i will not be a
    diabetic anymore. i would love to be a friend. i am sending a friend request your way.
  • Fightin2GetFit
    Fightin2GetFit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am also waiting on approval from my insurance for the VSG. I've had to do a 6 month diet before my insurance will consider it (I have one more month left). My SW was 231 - I'm down to 217 and am 5'6". Which surgery are you considering?