Calorie Goal in MFP: I put what were now?

Options
Good Morning,

Okay look, I tried. I really did. I read the road map, did keyword searches in the message boards and used the calculators. My TDEE-20% is 1800 and BMR is 1400 calories. So I've got my ceiling and my basement but which do I enter in MFP in the goal field? Apologies in advance because I know the answer is somewhere and I couldn't find it and I'm all newb and math and nerp nerp a derp.

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    TDEE-20%.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Take either 15 or 20% lower than your TDEE, and that's a good starting point.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    However much you want to NET each day... go to GOALS, CHANGE, CUSTOM.... put that calorie amount in the calorie field.
  • xelalarenee
    Options
    What's a roadmap?
  • lucasriggs
    Options
    Good Morning,

Okay look, I tried. I really did. I read the road map, did keyword searches in the message boards and used the calculators. My TDEE-20% is 1800 and BMR is 1400 calories. So I've got my ceiling and my basement but which do I enter in MFP in the goal field? Apologies in advance because I know the answer is somewhere and I couldn't find it and I'm all newb and math and nerp nerp a derp.

Put the TDEE-20% into your calorie goal field. You need to readjust this number for every 2kg(5lbs) you lose though.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, I thought so but when MFP was all like "yeah you're going to lose 0.1lbs/week, way to be" I questioned myself. Thank you everyone, much appreciated!

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, here's the topic that discusses TDEE and BMR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12