Looking for More Friends

I have been using the MFP App since last summer but have only been using the website / social media part of it for the past few months. Now I am hooked.

I am happily married with three beautiful children. I often describe my self as a former Sailor, Snowboarder and Surfer, who has traded that into become a homework helper, ballet dad and diaper changer.

I log religiously but not fanatically. I am here daily but do not log things like condiments and diet soda. My diary is open to my friends.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME. I will gladly accept your friend request, however, if you go an extended period without logging, I may delete you. I tend to not offer generic encouragement, but will definitely speak up if I have insight or experience that is relevant to a comment or post.

Replies

• olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Request sent
  • Hi dpierce. Sent you a request for your review. I started using MFP just this month. Historically all my training was running related and I used another site. Due to injury and recent discovery or arthritis in my feet, I wanted to find a site friendlier for a wider range of fitness activities as I'm changing my training regime. I also wanted to start tracking my nutrition to keep my life in balance. I didn't bother counting calories when I was running over 50 miles a week. I've been happy with the transition and challenge to stay fit and nice to meet others with similar goals.
  • Michael21268
    Michael21268 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey there,
    I just started back up on My Fitness Pal after a hiatus, went to weight watchers for a while...which was very successful. But it does cost so I had to drop. Main issues, I could use motivation as I don't get any help. My wife, though I'm sure it isn't on purpose since she is trying herself, but it's tough for her and she wants to be bad with food and I give in....even though i may have just eaten I will get food if she wants to go out and get it. I don't work out although I have a bike....and just got a pump to pump up the tires but who knows when I will.
  • Hello dpierce, I sent you a friend request earlier.

I've had the My Fitness Pal app a few times before. The calorie counting never seemed to work for me before, but I wasn't eating healthy either. I would do some exercise, about 20 minutes a day, and would stay within my calorie limit, but I'm sure the junk was holding me back.

I started back up with the app last week and will continue logging my foods this time because the mindless munching puts on the pounds! This is my first time posting on the message boards, and I'm also looking for friends on here (feel free to add me as well). Seeing and reading about other people's success motivates me to stay committed.

I am a stay at home mom of two girls. I reached my goal weight last summer, but wasn't able to maintain it. The last few months of '12 I started eating way too much and put on 20lbs. I will reach my goal this year and will maintain a healthy lifestyle!

34820383.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Bump
  • Hi dpierce my name is Danny and I am 33 years old. I have been a member of MFP since 2011 and have lost 175 lbs. I would love to be friends and help motivate and encourage each other along on this healthy new journey. I sent you a friend request. Feel free to message me any time.