Weight loss and Chest size?

Options
Hello! I'm looking to lose 35lbs to get back to a normal healthy weight for my height. With my weight gain, I went from a bra size C to a full DD. Does anyone have any experience with losing weight and having their chest size decrease? I am really hoping this is the case, as I am only 5'1" and I'm very unproportioned right now. Thank you!

Replies

• mrshoneydew
    Options
    Oh yes.
    I've lost 55 pounds and have gone from a DD to a D.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I guarantee you, with a 35 pound loss, your bra size will go down. Maybe not to what you were before, but it will go down. In my experience your proportions are never the same if you go up 20 pounds, then lose it. You lose the weight in different places.

I started out a 38D, then when to a 36D, then a 34DD, then a 32DDD. I'm now a 32DD/34D (depending on store) (which doesn't seem smaller, but really is much smaller than the original 38D).
  • sublimechik28
    sublimechik28 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yup!! went from 42D to 36C.
  • hjay07
    hjay07 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think every woman's body reacts differently to weight gain and loss, but I would say there's a good chance yours would decrease in size with weight loss since they increased due to weight gain. That's how it worked with me anyway, and I didn't have much up there to begin with :(
  • meganbook
    Options
    In high school, I was a B. I gained weight in college and went up to a C, and since college have dropped 50lbs, and back down to a B. Apparantly it's noticable too, a guy friend of mine gave me a hug after my weight loss and goes "Hey! Your boobs got smaller!" Typical guys...haha. But yes, you'll definitely lose weight in your chest, in fact that might be one of the first places you'll lose them. Especially if you incorporate strength training exercises like chest press and flys. Good luck! Feel free to add me for support or motivation!
  • lilmer14
    Options
    Thank you all so much! You've all given me some hope! :)
  • iveyroze3
    Options
    Yes, I have lost 25 lbs and have went from a D cup to a C.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am almost at a 35 lb weight loss and went from a 36D to just about a 34B, though don't think I will go down anymore then that. I know some would hate it, but I LOVE it. With my body frame I feel it fits me the best with a smaller chest;)
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have lost in the number but am at the exact same cup. From a 42 DD to a 38 DD. But, the cups are maybe a touch looser. I do not have spill over in any of my bras anymore.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Yes... when I gained the weight I was alsmost spiling out of a 36C... now the 36C just fits-ish... I could probably go down to a 34C instead now that I've lost a bit more.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have been all over with my weight for my whole adult life. I've been a D-DD the entire time. However, I went from a 34D at 140 lbs, to 200 lbs and 38DD, back to 170 lbs, 36DD. I've been a DD since, except when pregnant, my boobs overfloweth.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I am one lucky lucky mofo. My wife has lost almost 100lbs since March of last year and her band size has dropped while her cup size has remained....
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When I lost the weight before, I was down to a 34C ... but then I gained weight, had a kid, gained some more, and am up to a 38DD ... I expect/hope to lose it in the chest area. lol I'm not sure I'll get back down to a C cup after the kid and breastfeeding, but who knows? I'll take what I can get. If I can just get out of the double-letter cup sizes, I'll be happy!

As an aside, I'd also like to get to the point I'm no so modest when I go for a bra fitting at Victoria's Secret... the girls always tell me they have "seen it all" but, well, I fear otherwise, and I'm going to be the one they go home talking about. lol
  • cfilipi74
    cfilipi74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've had the same experience. When I lost 45 lbs back in 2006, I went from a 44D to a 42C. And I've been told by a few that this does happen.
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've lost fat from my chest just as I've lost it from everywhere else. I've gone from a 36G at my largest to a 34F currently after 30 pounds lost, and my current bra is starting to look a little big in the cups. I'm kinda hoping to go down to a D cup so I won't be limited to specialty lingerie stores anymore.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    i've lost 145lbs and gone from a 42E to a 32C quite a drastic decrease. i feel really flat chested now
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    With my weight gain I went from 36C to 38DD. I've lost 59 pounds.. still the same bra size except for the band. I'm really hoping it will decrease with the last 30 pounds or so I want to lose, but who knows at this point.
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much weight I lost in the last year, but I went from a D cup (verging on DD), back down to a C.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first to go.

Traitors.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    This is so sad!!